Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 UGH I need advice...women not deer... >

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Old 11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

But for the record.....what would you say if she and her older sister headed to Vegas for a week......and wanted to get a "head start"?
Would it be wrong for one to wish they would get out and go somewhere with their sister?[8D]
Old 11-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

I would go hunting with your dad. Those kinda things are more important. Your dad's getting older, and you never know what can happen. I'm sure your g/f will understand. That is why I try to stay single during hunting season lol.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'd also like to add, if the talking to her about it, and doing something nice, doesn't do the trick,If she isn't understanding, and still mad as HECK....... you may want to make a mental note as to a possible red flag.

Personally, I probably should have paid more attention to those with my situation, and listened to friend's concerns.

The friends that will tell you the TRUTH,.. not the friends that will just agree with whatever you say and tell you what you want to hear.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Turn it all around on her, tell her that the house hasn't been as clean as you expect and this will beher chance todo some deep cleaning whille you're gone. Tell her that if the house isn't spotless by the time you get back, she'll beout on the curb. Then tell heryou'll probably be sore from all the tree climbing when you return and to get some massage oil, a hot meal and some cold beers ready too;-)
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM

I can't believe how long this thread has gotten...
Old 11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Dude...........

it ain't too late. if she's ragging you now about this, it'll never stop. GET OUT NOW. Or become the puppet that she obviously wants.

I'm not kidding. I'm serious. The fact that she is giving you a hard time is ridiculous.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: PABrent

Ok guys...Im 23 and have been dating a certain lady for a year. Im a working RN and she is finishing up nursing school. So I get to see her Thur-Sun. BUT now im leaving to go on a week long archery hunting trip, my father and I have been planning this trip all year. We were going to leave on Sat morning but I switched a day at work and got friday off. So now I can leave Friday Morning!!! I was pumped...My gf was pissed. You would think I killed her dog and blew up her house.

My quesion is what would you do. Leave a day early and get 2 extra hunts in or stay? I really care about her and she cares about me so that is not an issue and should not be discussed.
If she is that dam selfish what do you think it will be like after you marry her, save yourself a small fortune, get rid of her and go hunting with you dad ! There are tons of nice girls out there, just find another one.
Changeling
Old 11-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Dude you definitely should go hunting. If she wants to be with you she will have to get used to the idea that hunting season and spending time with your dad is important. If she gets mad then so what, when my g/f gets mad of silly things like this I tell her "one of two things is going to happen...1) you will get over it, or 2) you wont, either way I'm going hunting". That being said you should prob hedge your bets a little, have some flowers delivered to her or plan a night out when you get back or something. That will soften her up a little
Old 11-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Fork Horn

when i met the woman that eventually became my wife the same thing happened to me. You just have to explain to her that you love to hunt and spending time with your father doing what is considered in my family a right of passage is very important to you. You also have to explain that she is very important to you also. Your dad wont be around forever spend as much time with him doing what you guys love to do as you can. Good Luck.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

Go for the early start. Your family will always be there for you, so give your father some extra time with you. She should understand. My girlfriend likes when I go hunting. It gets me out of her hair, and gives her time to go do the girly crap that girls like. She is always waiting for the call telling her that I got one. She is pretty supportive of me. She likes when I make time for family also.

Quick Reply: UGH I need advice...women not deer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.