Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags? >

Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags?

Seems like a crazy question.....but I've made a decision.....that if I get a buck I'm after....I'm done. I'd still have all the doe tags I cared for....and one buck tag (I get two buck tags/season).

Do you hunt......as long as you have unfilled tags? Or...do you get what you want/need .......call it a good season.....and end it (if you still have some hunting season left)?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags?

Hell I'm hunting and I'm filled out. I can't stop but I'm doing it without my bow. I'm cameraman for whomever will have me plus I'm up before light and in a turkey blind. If I could buy more tags, I'd be buying them even if I don't fill them. Two years ago Kurt and I both tagged out. We both got up, descented and went to the treestands armed only with video cameras. Last year I guided him and tagged along with video camera. I can't stop hunting, it's in me and as long as the season is open and I have tags, I'm in a tree somewhere.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM

If I kill a good buck early, I willdefinitely slack off some and try to spend more time with my family. I will still hunt, but will only do some when its convienent or when the weather is perfect.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

My season ends January 4th. If I have a tag in my pocket that day you will find me in the woods. And then after the 4th I'll be out there after feral hogs until spring turkey rolls around!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd still hunt but wouldn't take it nearly as serious. After the 135" 9pnt was killed 400yrds from me yesterday, I feel the pressures on.[8D]
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 AM

After I got my buck on Nov. 17th last year (Our season last until Jan. 15th), I was basically done. I still had 5 doe tags, but I only went out4 or5 more times
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Yes. I have more tags than I can fill and I have more demand for the meat than I can provide.

I find myself hunting every opportunity that I get up to the last day of the season.

Because of the work involved and handling and deliverting the meat (I have my donation families spoiled, they want it already quartered), I sometimes get a little choosier as to when I attempt to harvest a doe towards the end of the season, but I am still out there with bow and camera every chance I get.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM

Jeff why would you stop? If you have 2 buck tags and you use 1 why not keep going.. you never know what lurks out there....the season is short and over befroe ya know it tand then you got nothing to do.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It has never happened to me, so I can't say for sure. I would like to at least be in the position of having my buck tag filled[&:] At this point in the season, if I get my buck, I'm done. Done may be the wrong word...I will slack off a bit. I've taken my first archery turkey, and if I get my buck, I'll leave the doe tag alone for a few days in rifle season. I've spent a ton of time in the woods, and I need to spend some with my fiance who I get to see very little this year as she's traveling for school.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:59 AM

Keep on pluggin away. Sure as hell beats sitting at home watching football. Worst case scenario, I've got a doe tag in my pocket (that I probably won't use) and a camera around my neck. Even if I don't plan on shooting one, I'm still going to be learning and gaining knowledge just from being out there.

Quick Reply: Do you keep hunting as long as you have tags?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.