Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How about the " NO-PEEP"  sight? >

How about the " NO-PEEP" sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How about the " NO-PEEP" sight?

Old 03-28-2003, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default How about the " NO-PEEP" sight?

I hate peep sights, and have been looking for an alternative.

I' ve read an advertisement, and it looks like something I may want.
Anybody tried one? ...hunt with one? ...have one that sits in their junk drawer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How about the " NO-PEEP" sight?

You know what I' m talking about, right?

It' s an " eye alignment" device that makes sure you anchor consistently without using a rear peep-type of sight. It works with your existing front sight pins, whatever kind you' ve got.

No-Peep Picture and Description
Old 03-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-28-2003, 11:43 AM

Do a search on it. There are even some active threads on it now.
many here use it and there has been many,many posts on it
Old 03-28-2003, 01:20 PM
Typical Buck

Sure banged up a lot of arrows getting used to use my No Peep. I haven hunted or shot 3-D' s with it yet but hope to soon.

Actually, I think it will come into its own during hunting season because it allows on shooting opportunities in low light conditions when you can' t see through a peep.

Ditto that is is an alignment device that it works with your existing sight pins.
Old 03-28-2003, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Bulzeye, you will find that the majority of people really like the No Peep and some don' t . I am one of the latter. I bought one last year and and used it all last season. I just took it off today and went back to my peep sight. At first I thought that I liked it, but as time went on I just wasn' t as comfortable with it. I have a buddy who bought one after I did and he thinks it is one of the best things he ever bought. I am not slamming the No Peep in any way. It is really a quality product, but it just wasn' t for me. For one thing, as the season wore on and I started using a little thicker gloves, it of course changed the set up because of holding the bow a little different. But mostly it was a mind thing for me. For some reason I started having a problem with wanting to put the No Peep on the target instead of the pins. Then it was harder to bring the pins up and hold steady on the target. It was really a weird thing. But as you know, in archery when your mind starts playing tricks on you it can really mess you up. It was all just some mental block for me. So I put the regular peep sight back in and now I am shooting like my old self again. I feel so much better. I am gonna just sell it cheap on here or eders or e-bay. Good luck in your decision. Like I said , it is a great product, but as time went on it didn' t work for me.
Old 03-28-2003, 04:31 PM

Like Proff, I tried it and didn' t like it. Put my peep back on and can shoot the " twig & berries" off a gnat from 20 paces. Thinking about mounting the no-peep on the front of my truck so that I can tell that I am properly aligned in my lane!
Old 03-28-2003, 05:15 PM

Proff
sounds like you started torqueing the bow with those gloves on & the no peep showed it to you & you did' nt agree. ? for you. did you have to change your pin location?
seeing is believing
Greg
Old 03-29-2003, 08:14 AM
Typical Buck

c4extrem, you are correct. The heavier glove did change my grip a little and it did indeed show up on the no-peep. I adjusted the no peep a little and it lined up then. That wasn' t too big a deal. But I have been biowhunting for 20 years now and have shot from early season sweat your butt off weather to mid winter can' t feel the extremities and have always been fine with the peep sight. My biggest thing was that I just wasn' t as comfortable with it. At first I was but as time wore on I liked it less and less. Like they say, not everything works for everybody. The No Peep just didn' t work for me. I will restate what I said, I am in no way bashing the No Peep. There is enough of that trash on these and other forums. I am just stating that it didn' t work for me. I have my trusty old peep sight back in and am feeling sooo good about my shooting again. Yesterday afternoon I Robinhooded a Gold Tip at 30 yards and ripped the vane off another one. My groups are back and I coudn' t be happier. If anyone wants to buy a No Peep and save a little money let me know.
Old 03-29-2003, 01:59 PM
Fork Horn

Proff,
Good post. It' s good to hear someone say " it' s a good product, it' s not just for me" instead of " I didn' t like it, so it must be junk." If we could only get people to have that attitude with the different bow brands!
Thanks again,
Charlie

Quick Reply: How about the " NO-PEEP" sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.