Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!! >

Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Old 11-04-2008, 03:57 PM

Default Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

This season has been horrible weather in our region... Rain, warm, wind....either one or all 3!!! all season. It sucks!! Anyone in this area or any region in the nation feel my pain!?
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Welcome to Texas...............every season[8D]
Old 11-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

This season has been horrible weather in our region... Rain, warm, wind....either one or all 3!!! all season. It sucks!! Anyone in this area or any region in the nation feel my pain!?
I can, BIG TIME! It has been at least one or more of those for the last 2 weeks!! The last 3 all day sits (12 hrs)have produced 2 basket 8pts, which I just watched. Period!! This is the worst rut, so far, thatI've ever hunted. I don't know, but they must be doing it all at night. I'm not seeing anything! [:@][:'(][&o]
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigjim12

Welcome to Texas...............every season[8D]
What he said!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had a guy bring a 150" class deer by here at about 4pm Landon... big nine pointer.... his son shot a main frame 6 yesterday... 5.5 year old deer... all kinda junk on the burrs... 14 scoreable points... I got a bunch of pictures I'll show you on Thursday. Both those deer came off a 200 acre piece over here in IOW county.... nice little honey hole he has....
Old 11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't gone out as much this year (so far) as I usually do, partlybecause the weather has been wacky. And the few good cold days we did have...I couldn't go. [&:]I have yet to see any sign of the rut at all here in NW Va...heck, the bucks I've been seeing could care less.

I'm hoping that it will begin to kick in this week. We need the temps to get back down, but of course its supposed to rain the next few days too. I have faith it will come, it always does...I just hope I am out there when it does!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

[Reply to Message] All Forums >> [Archery Forums] >> Bowhunting >> Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!! Page: [1]
Landon, the timing this year of the weather/rut stinks so far. No doubt about it. I am starting to get a little concerned. Things may start heating up next week, mid-week when the temps drop. I hear you man, but the only thing you can do is shimmy up that tree, put in a little dip, and hunt. Enjoy yourself. I could have killed some bucks this year, but only one buck has crossed my path that has been a shooter and I had no shot. In fact, I have not had a doe within range all year. KEEP hunting hard and know that we are with you when you hunt and wish great success upon your efforts. Take care and good luck.

Brett
Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Same in Western New York wore my bikini on stand today all day sit and no deer and only 4 squirrels talk about slow /boring

Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Something's wrong when I'm swattin' skeeters on 11/4.

Not looking good tomorrow, either....and it's supposed to be 73, Thursday.

Between Thurs. night and Fri. night....our forecast low is suposed to drop 11 deg.. It'll be a good morning, Saturday morning, hopefully.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something's wrong when I'm swattin' skeeters on 11/4.

Not looking good tomorrow, either....and it's supposed to be 73, Thursday.

Between Thurs. night and Fri. night....our forecast low is suposed to drop 11 deg. . It'll be a good morning, Saturday morning, hopefully.
Jeff, you know what, I was swatting skeeters last night too and was p'od!

I bet Saturday morning will be good, and Monday...all day...I bet some of us put down bucks those days.

Quick Reply: Eastern Va can't catch a break!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.