Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Bow Kill! First Buck! >

First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Old 11-04-2008, 01:47 PM

Default First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Been a while since I've logged in. Saturday morning I killed this 8 pointer. Its my fourth deer. I've killed a button buck and two does before. I didn't even realize he was an 8 pointer, I thought he was a small four or six. He never really showed me his head. Ends up being an 8 when we found him. Thanks for lookin.

Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Congrats on your buck brother!!!!! He looks like a good one!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 PM

very nice...Congrats!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks! I forgot to say my uncle estimated him around 250 lbs before we field dressed him. sorry for the dirty look also haha the sun was in my eyes. I hate the 1 buck ohio rule! I want to go back out but know as soon as I do a monster is going to walk by me.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

congrats .... Nice buck
Old 11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter222

Thanks! I forgot to say my uncle estimated him around 250 lbs before we field dressed him. sorry for the dirty look also haha the sun was in my eyes. I hate the 1 buck ohio rule! I want to go back out but know as soon as I do a monster is going to walk by me.
^^Most everyone has felt the same when starting out. As you get more hunts under your belt, you'll begin to appreciate that in a 1 buck only state, you'll never arrow a big one if you shoot a smaller buck first.
That being said, you've harvested a fine deer for your first antlered buck and you should be proud. You look like you'll have many more seasons in life to go afterthe monster. Congrats.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Nice buck! You should be proud as it's always an accomplishment!!
Old 11-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. way to go
Old 11-04-2008, 07:46 PM

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

ORIGINAL: OhioHunter222

^^Most everyone has felt the same when starting out. As you get more hunts under your belt, you'll begin to appreciate that in a 1 buck only state, you'll never arrow a big one if you shoot a smaller buck first.
That being said, you've harvested a fine deer for your first antlered buck and you should be proud. You look like you'll have many more seasons in life to go afterthe monster. Congrats.
I dont mind the 1 buck rule, i actually like it. Its just early in the season and gun hunting is my favorite because we always go down for about a week straight and have a blast. If a big one goes by me i'll just shoot his girlfriend and hope he runs by my dad. He deserves a big buck more than anyone I know.

Quick Reply: First Bow Kill! First Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.