Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New world record. You decide. >

New world record. You decide.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New world record. You decide.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New world record. You decide.

If I recall, didn't someone hit the Hanson buck in the antler? At one point, I thought they had tape or a cloth over the hole?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Comparing buck to buck I think the Hanson buck will end up netting better. I hate net scores, but that's what is used. I think the Decker buck is a better story, but that's allsubjective.

Now for the P&Y record, I think the Decker buck will give the Johnson buck a run. The Decker buck is a main frame 14 with crazy height and mass. It will score well.

All in all, I don't care. They are all great bucks and it seems this Decker guy is just a good ole boy hunter which is nice to see. In fact from what I've read of Hanson and Johnson they are both just everyday guys too.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: JoeyG

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

You can't compare the two can you, the Milo is a rifle kill, this one a bowkill. Are they saying this new one will surpass Milo's? Or is it just the new WR P&Y, not B&C?

IMO though, I have more respect for his new one as a bowkill over Milo's lucky shot on a rifle deer drive. The person I feel for is the guy who missed on the drive before Milo's lucky shot.
I don't understand how it could be a lucky shot if he aimed at the deer.. and killed it. I have respect for both bucks regardless of what they were shot with.
Because he's lucky the guy who missed it on the drive before Milo hit it, makes him LUCKY. It wouldn't be his buck AT ALL if the previous guy's bullet connected. DUH.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Fork Horn

I dont understand the reason for arguing if hansen was lucky or not? I think the decker gut is damn lucky too. Isn't one of the biggest sayings in hunting "I'd rather be lucky than good". for ANYONE to see a deer even close to those two deer, they are going to need alot of luck on there side. jmo
Old 11-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

Too many deductions to beat the typical record.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: shoot2thrill25

I dont understand the reason for arguing if hansen was lucky or not? I think the decker gut is damn lucky too. Isn't one of the biggest sayings in hunting "I'd rather be lucky than good". for ANYONE to see a deer even close to those two deer, they are going to need alot of luck on there side. jmo
I'm not arguing, I just feel he was lucky as hell the guy missed it before he shot it the drive before. No biggey.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am comparing deer antlers only. I obviously respect the bow kill and everything about it more. But when it comes to World Record we are talking striclty antlers even if its roadkill or killed with a rock. Milo's looks more impressive not that they both aren't impressive.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Tribal

I am comparing deer antlers only. I obviously respect the bow kill and everything about it more. But when it comes to World Record we are talking striclty antlers even if its roadkill or killed with a rock. Milo's looks more impressive not that they both aren't impressive.
x2

And as stated how symmetrical Milo's buck is there is no way that Decker's will net higher.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

Actually Milo hanson shot it in the rack too. It busted a chunk out of it. I think Monster Bucks 2 has the interview with Him, and He tells about hitting the antler. In the video the rack had black elictrical tape wrapped around the h2 measurment. As for the bucks. It looks like the decker buck would score more.... IF...IF the g3's, andg4's are considered typical. A typical 14 point with that long of tines should come to par, or above the the hanson 12 point.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

the decker buck as to many non-typical points and will get alot of deductions. the milo buck is a true typical deer

Quick Reply: New world record. You decide.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.