Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This year compared to last year?? >

This year compared to last year??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This year compared to last year??

Old 11-04-2008, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This year compared to last year??

I am seeing much less deer activity this year. Many times outI see nothing. I have only killed 2 deer so far this year with the bow.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm on new land this year that is totally different than what I'm used to. I have seen some deer, more than I saw all of last year, however I've only had one shot opportunity and I blew it. there is no meat in my freezer. Last year ay this time I had one down.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm getting more chances to hunt this year and have been out to see deer and positive forcast for future hunt so I say it's a better than last year deal!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last year for me was awful. Even though i did get my first deer with a bow last year i only had 2 buck sightings nither of them mature. This year i have only had maybe 2 sits where i haven't seen deer and ive hunted a bunch this year. Ive had 6 buck sightings and 2 of them were mature and i was able to arrow my first buck with a bow this past sunday, a 120" 10pt. So last year sucked for me and this year has been amazing.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

better...seeing deer every sit *knock on wood* Seeing decent bucks on the trail cam.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 AM
Dominant Buck

How is your year compared to last year so far??

Inmost ways it's been so much better it's crazy. I've finally been able to mobilize and hunt deeron THEIR terms. I've never been able to do that before. I'll never look back. I didn't know what I was missing. The new lands I acquired have everything: Ag fields; bedding areas; mast crops; alternate food sources;differing terrains; etc..., etc..., etc... . I won't ever be a passive deer hunter again.....as long as I have access to these areas.

Mine is nowhere near what it was last year. This time last year I was seeing lots of deer, and Had taken 2 decent 8 pts in the 110" -115" range.

This time last year I had 7 bowkills.....and took my 8th on 11/6. I still feel like this year's learning experience outshines last year's successes by a long shot.

I"m seeing more bucks....because I'm hunting where bucks should be. I've foregone hunting the does and waiting for "a" buck to show up. I really believe that I'll be able to pin down "THE" buck I want in future seasons....and hunt him. Maybe I'm naive.....but I truly believe this. I feel really close, now. I'm one who isn't exactly welcoming the rut.....because it kind of makes everything I've learned so far a little hay-wired. I'd be happy if it was still weeks away.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been in the woods as much this year as last, but my mature buck sightings have been at a much closer range this year.

Doe sightings are about the same as last year per outing.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:20 PM

This is the worst hunting season I've had in a long time. How bad? Not a single deer has been in range.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

I feel the predicted late rut combined with the warm weather is the reason the activity seems stunted so far. Wait another week or so and it should be picking up dramatically. I sure wouldn't burn my tag on a marginal buckout of frustration.
Personally I've had more mature bucks in range this year than in any other, but I've been huntingsome newproperty this year, so it isn't a fair comparison to last year.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Hard to compare for me. I had already put a big boy on the ground by this time last year, but I have seen more quality bucks this year. I just havent connected yet. I would say there about the same, even though I had a lot more time to hunt last year then what i got this year. Im feeling pretty confident about the next couple weeks, i have spotted two 140 class 8 points and two 160 class 10s. I have made my adjustments and looking forward to the next couple weeks. Im fortuante enough to have various properties to hunt, one place that was on fire last year isnt doing so hot this year, but i picked up two new places this year and both have large bucks on them. Its too early to say which season is better, but i just got to keep adjusting with deer and im sure i will have a good season either way.

Quick Reply: This year compared to last year??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.