Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Most action I've ever seen in 1 hunt! >

Most action I've ever seen in 1 hunt!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Most action I've ever seen in 1 hunt!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most action I've ever seen in 1 hunt!

Sounds like an absolutely great day. Reminds you why you hunt, no?
Old 11-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome day Greg. It's one of those days where you just sit back and enjoy the show.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Planter

I'm not sure you should have watched the whole thing but thats more action then most of us see in 20 seasons.

Just curious Greg do you think she will get mounted by another buck or is it a one time thing?? I could see one of the younger fellas trying for seconds but would the doe stand??
The only way she'll be bred by another buck is if a bigger, stronger buck takes her away from him. I have heard that sometimes twins born to a doe have two different fathers!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:40 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Sounds like a great hunt! I've read that you are letting a couple of nice 8pt's walk, are you targeting a specific buck?
I'm trying for a clean 10 pointer or something in the 145+ range. I've seen the sheds and got a few on trail cam.

However!! Tonight was the 8th time I passed on one of three P&Y animals. It was the 5th time for this particular buck. He looks better every time I see him!! [:-]
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Germ

I hate you[8D]
Germ, where's the love buddy!!?? I'm rooting for you!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

Sounds like a great hunt! I've read that you are letting a couple of nice 8pt's walk, are you targeting a specific buck?
I'm trying for a clean 10 pointer or something in the 145+ range. I've seen the sheds and got a few on trail cam.

However!! Tonight was the 8th time I passed on one of three P&Y animals. It was the 5th time for this particular buck. He looks better every time I see him!! [:-]
Wow!! I'd say you got him figured out.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Site Buck Guru

Steve, he is a resident buck. I got him on trail camers this summer. I'm also hunting that "buck" trail I posted about last winter, it leads to his bedding area.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

I hate you[8D]
LOL, me too!

That's incredible. I saw zilch today....but I did hear 2 chainsaws, and had a leaf blower running for most of my hunt [&:]

Man, alot of reports like this coming in this year....I can't wait till VA & WV kicks in. Good luck Greg...I'm sure you'll whack one here before long. You certainly have the spot figured out.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

Steve, he is a resident buck. I got him on trail cameras this summer. I'm also hunting that "buck" trail I posted about last winter, it leads to his bedding area.
Good stuff Greg! I got more respect for you then any other deer hunter period that I've ever talked with. No lie!! That's saying allot being I hold my dad on a pretty high throne on whitetails! My dad, my brother, and myself could listen to you all night talking bucks. It might take a few cases of beer but It would be a blast talking whitetails and mature bucks with you! Thanks for all the great Info and story's you share on here.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Site Buck Guru

I appreciate that Steve! If I knew that we were going to meet, I'd practice up on my beer drinking ahead of time so I could stay awake long enough to get more than one story out!! [:-]

Quick Reply: Most action I've ever seen in 1 hunt!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.