Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stupid ideas

Old 03-27-2003, 06:16 PM

Default Stupid ideas

I was looking through some old Cabela' s catalogs the other day, and found some really funny products. Does anyone remember the " Cricket" ? It was a device attached to your arrow the chirped to help you find lost arrows. Or the automatic loading device, after you shot your first arrow, this thing automatically put the second arrow on the rest. Or, the Shear Advantage arrow. The arrow had holes in it, designed to break when it was in an animal. The reasoning was to facilitate more oxygen. I had a good laugh.
Old 03-28-2003, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stupid ideas

I have a good laugh even looking in current catalogs. Stupid ideas are part and parcel of the industry, mostly because bowhunting has gotten so ' accessorized.' There always has been, and always will be, someone that adheres to the P.T. Barnum school of marketing... ' There' s a sucker born every minute.' The way bowhunters like to accessorize these days, it sure makes it easy for that kind of marketing to work.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:34 AM

i bet there is a whole lot more but place s like cabela' s probably thinks they are stupid too so they are not in there.[:-]
Old 03-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

How about the exploding arrow? The one with the gas chamber built behind the tip.

Talk about overkill even if it did work.
Old 03-28-2003, 11:24 AM

PA, You beat me to it ! I laughed so hard the first time I saw those I almost passed out ! Only half the tracking distance .......yeah right ???
Old 03-28-2003, 11:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah,....." half the tracking distance" ....and half the deer too.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was surprised when I saw the exploding arrows. I had looked into it only because they had to write it in legislation to restrict the use of them in Alaska. I thought, " no way, those don' t exist." Scary realization.

How about the poison tipped arrows, guaranteed not to mess up the meat?

And have you seen those Hoyt bows? Talk about making a marketing ploy to sucker so many people into useless archery equipment........[&:]
Old 03-29-2003, 05:11 AM

I don' t know that this falls under stupid but I was in a pro shop the other day and I saw a clothing rack that had camo bra and thongs. I ask the manager if I could hang a trail cam to see who was buying them. I think some uses of camo have become stupid.
Old 03-29-2003, 07:53 AM

I am sure there are some ' happy' hunters out there that were pleasantly surprised at home...
Old 03-29-2003, 08:20 AM

Yep, hahaha, I' ll bet you are absolutely right if they can find them in the camo sheets with the camo spread in the camo wall papered room with the camo carpet.
[:@]

Quick Reply: Stupid ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.