Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Well it's November and....... >

Well it's November and.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well it's November and.......

Old 11-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Well it's November and.......

I have yet to see a shooter[&:]

Mr. Mass is MIA

I have seen more dinkers this year than any other. I can tell you why, and I am going to go sack punch farmer who rents our land

CORN, there was 0 planted on our farm this year. You ain't got not corn, you ain't seeing no shooters[8D]

When I see dinkers running a doe around I almost sit down. When dinkers are running wild, IMO that means no big boys.

I thought this morning I was good, did not see a deer until 9:30. A doe came by, I was waiting for big boy, and then like two 13 years olds let loose in a brothel comes Skippy the wonder buck and SEFARB(Sorry Excuse For A Rob Buck).

Tonight SEFARB ran by me 5 times and cross the river 4 times, LOL He has no idea what to do.

Well another east wind tomorrow[:@]
Old 11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well it's November and.......

Gary ,
Its all a time thing. You know he's there ,for every hour you spend not seeing him just means you are one hour closer to seeing him. Hang in there it will be just that much sweeter.

And how are you gonna find a better way to waste time?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am in the same boat w/ ya germ... I saw one shooter last weekend right at dark and he never game me a good shot... Not to mention he was right at my min....

I've probably seen 14 different little bucks this year... Used my can on one the other day, I saw a dark body moving through the brush so I hit the can, the deer moves to a tree and just rips it apart. I couldnt get a good look at its head but im thinking it has to be mr. big, considering all the scrapes and rubs around me... then he heads my way, an wouldnt you know its a little fork horn, that barely even forks[:@][:@]

So I started to screw w/ him since he screwed w/ me I had a button buck under me that was enamored w/ the can so I hit it a few more times and this fork horn gets all fired up, comes trotting in w/ a grunt, haha he looked pretty pissed when he realized the button wasnt a hot doe! SUCKER!

Then last night I rattled in a perfect Rob buck, would be an 8 pt except for the fact he only has a brow and big long spike on the right side...

Got skunked tonight...
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL Germ, hang in there. It's just the opposite in my honey hole. The corn is still standing and likely to be through the rest of the season. Not that I need it now being tagged out but I'd love to know what running there. I got word that a friend of mines friend saw two bucks cross the road and run into my honey hole, his quote was, "the first one was a bruiser and the second one, well I couldn't believe he could run holding his head up". I'd love to see them and might sit a morning with just the video camera. I have to carry my Boss decoy out of their anyway.

Oh, and I have the rest of the week off and how much is a WI license and tag?

Oh and SEFARB, I love it. [8D]
Old 11-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thx Rob I feel better knowing you're in the corn mecca spot

SEFARB also freshen some scrapes for me, man he takes a long time to pee. I did notice his tarsel gland is still white.

Rob where can I get a flute call[8D] If I am not going to see diddle, I at least want to screw with the little ones
Old 11-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

I wish I had one to send you and I hope they send them out right a way on River Valleys website. Here ya go. PURCHASE RIVER VALLEY DEER FLUTE LINK:

If you order one, call, text or PM me that you did and I'll make the call to make sure it's shipped immediately.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:39 PM

I'm having a different cause, but similar results. Too much STANDING corn! A lot of corn was planted late this year which means a lot is still standing. A good friend and farmer on the farm I hunt has been cutting fields 2-3 miles from my section. He has been kicking up deer left and right and watching bucks running does like crazy in the cut fields. 3 of the 4 large fields by me are still standing.[:@] They can't say for sure if they'll be cut before gun season starts.[&o] I have seen two shooters but both were in the first week of the season. A lot of yearlings though. It's getting to the point that I'm annoyed to see a yearling buck instead of a doe.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Germ I have a similiar problem in several different ways.

(1)Too much standing corn in almost every direction from the main property I hunt.

(2)Neighbor's son and son's girlfriend riding atv's everywhere.

(3)Its very dry here and in dry years, if you aren't far from riverbottoms, you'd best be hunting those riverbottoms.......thats where the wallhangers reside. I lost my riverbottom ground to a timber co. and new landowners[&o].

I'm seeing lots of dinks as well, but it should only be a matter of time until a couple big boys start showing up looking for does.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

you are seeing DEER....

That is more than I can say for myself.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

you are seeing DEER....

That is more than I can say for myself.
Hang in there Kyle! It's coming, I hope anyway.

You 2 Germ.

Quick Reply: Well it's November and.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.