Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Signs of Illinois Rut >

Signs of Illinois Rut

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Signs of Illinois Rut

Old 11-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Signs of Illinois Rut

I've got nothing in my woods. I hunted a stand Sunday afternoon where I always see deer from and I didn't see a thing. The woods just seem dead, and the loggers just moved into my farm today, so it really limits where I can be hunting from day to day.

I have 7 days to hunt before the 1st shotgun season opens up so I'm going to be playing a game of cat and mouse with the loggers and the deer at the same time.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

Well, the hole shotgun thing would be great if... I had gotten shotgun tags but im strictly bow hunting because this year is my first deer season ever. So tonight was a total bust again. We didnt see anything, every thing was perfect and the moon is finally what it should be but nothing showed, all we saw was squirrels again.

So if there is anybody in woodford or marshall county thats got land they'd let a young guy hunt let me know... because my spots are not real good right now... I am wishing I'd been able to get up into a treestand insted of hunting on the ground the first 20 days of the season... But I hope that if the weather holds they will be back.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

Well, the weather sucks here to I havent gotten out today. I just want to see if i cant down one before shotgun season.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Spike

well i hunt southern ilinois riverbottoms and i havent seen anything in2 weeks to speak of ive hunted 3 different locations and saw no bigboys im gettin a lil aggrivated ill be at it again this weekend i can only hope its better
Old 11-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Out of my last 4 sits, I have not seen a single deer. Right now I would settle for a button buck sighting let alone laying my eyes on a shooter buck.

I hunted from noon-dark today and nothing. The 2nd full moon hits thursday night, so I'm really hoping I planned my vacation right. It starts Friday, and I always seem to see good action the day after the hunters moon.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I just plan dont know, this weather should bring them out, but so far its been too ****ty to go out today. My dad does some of my scouting when he goes past my spot over the rail road bridge on his way to or cattle and he has seen nothing feeding in the field.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

oh by the way feel free to check out my youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/derekgrebner87

Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Fork Horn

So it looks like we will be in for more cold and more rain... and Ill be stuck in class during the nice parts of the day. But hopefully our rut might start going by the weekend.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Well tonight was another bust.... All the damn deer are hanging out in the rail road ground, I hung up an active scrape dripper to see if I cant get the buck back into the woods on my side of the tracks to defend his territory. I went out tonight and hung up the scrape dripper and got in my ground blind after putting up a trophy buck scent bomb and a tinks 69 bomb, I stayed till dark and ended up walking along the rail road track side of the alpalpha and i ended up getting busted by what sounded like a heard of deer.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

Are we to get snow?

Quick Reply: Signs of Illinois Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.