HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/271174-arrogance-some-sorry-long-vent.html)

Z2lane 11-01-2008 09:04 PM

RE: The arrogance of some....(sorry for the long vent)

I'm in the same boat with ya, Buck Hunter, my folks let a guy hunt our land, and he can do nothing but complain about not seeing any deer and too many weeds on the logging roads. (he doesn't want to get burrs on himself.) By the way this guy has his own land to hunt. I say, tell that joker to get lost.

GTOHunter 11-01-2008 09:08 PM

I want to know who the guy is and why he is hunting your property?Did someone give him permission years ago and now he is a Squatter? :eek:[&:]

If he is a Guest on your property he should respect your hunting area's and stand placements other wise grow a pair and KICK HIM OFF! ;)

bigtim6656 11-01-2008 09:11 PM

it is your land so why do you need to be nice. Call the cops.

Deleted User 11-01-2008 09:14 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

bigtim6656 11-01-2008 09:23 PM

Hey get raid of him and i will come and hunt and let you set my stands you can even hunt them

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

If you've got no respect for me- then I've got nowhere for you to hunt !

Call me a control freak, or an ass- but it's your property. Play by your rules, or dont play.

mauser06 11-01-2008 09:24 PM

whoaaaaa whoa whoa....

pretty much YOUR land. this guy is a stranger....hunting YOUR land....been giving you problems for years....youve tried being nice....still giving you problems....

yep...id make it REAL clear that if he was caught on my land again that he would be in serious trouble. plain and simple. i would give him a day to clear his stands off the land. if he failed to do so, and came back later, the cops would be there and i would press trespass charges.

im very appreciative of people who own land and permit me to hunt. i dont own land yet...but with guys like that, i know 10000% why land is posted and closed. if/when i do own land, i WILL post it and patrol it. plain and simple i worked hard to get the land, i work hard to manage the land, and work hard at work and hunting is what i enjoy. im going hunting on my own land problem and worry free. if i come across anyone i might be nice the first time...but after that, they better not be caught again. just something thats not tolerable with me. i cannot stand when someone is nice and goes the extra mile for someone and the slob just stabs em in the back....

Scott/IL 11-01-2008 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: solocamcan

You should really do the right thing by helping him with taking his stands down....with a chainsaw, then maybethe lightbulb would go off inside his head.
haha funny that you mention that because when I called my cousin tonight to inform him of the conversation I had with the guy that's what he suggested. Obviously I'm not going to send a $300 Lone Wolf to the ground.

However some loggers are coming in next week.....;)

I'm going to see what happens from this. I wasn't able to get ahold of my uncle tonight (the farmer of the land), so he is the ultimate enforcer since he is out there daily. I made it pretty clear to him that he was not allowed to be in there. If I find out that he is going to continue this then another action will be taken. To be honest I'm not to sure how this guy ever got started hunting out here.

Rickmur 11-02-2008 03:26 AM

No brainer, ask for his departer.

peakrut 11-02-2008 04:12 AM

Replace him with me I will respect your stand sites.:)

OneMustFall 11-02-2008 06:37 AM

ORIGINAL: BuckRogers

Not to sound like a butthead (but I will anyway), If its your land, KICK HIM OFF! Then when he comes back call the DNR for tresspassing. Only do this if you have full rights on this land which it sounds like you do. Dont be bashful or people will walk all over you.
Ditto,gettim outa their..............