Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow >

Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow

Old 03-27-2003, 12:48 PM

Default Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow

I saw one of these at a show last year. The smallish blind was actually attached to the stabilizer and popped open like an umbrella. It had 2 large holes, one for the arrow and one for aiming. Sounds like a good idea for Spring turkeys. Anyone seen anything like this, know of a manufacturer, or where to buy???
Old 03-27-2003, 02:27 PM

Default RE: Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow

I' ve seen it, I would be worried about it moving and drawing attention when you move to shoot.
Old 03-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I' m having a tough time with this one. Sounds
like another company trying to make a buck.
Umbrella' s should be used in the rain.....
not on the front of your bow.
Old 03-27-2003, 06:39 PM

Actually the person that came up with this product works with my brother here in Pa. I think it works pretty well....
Old 03-27-2003, 08:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey, I bought one of those in Harrisburg to try on turkeys. I think I can sit there with it between me and the bird and be unseen. I didn' t buy his bow stand, but I did buy the umbrella thing. It' s really kind of cool, maybe, we' ll see. I also think it could work in late bow season when the leaves are vanishing. I got to try it out and see how noisy it is when the bow goes off. It balances just about like my stabilizer.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think it is a decent idea, but the ones I have seen only have the two holes mentioned above. What about the wind? If there is no ventilation I would imagine that would be like trying to aim your bow with a big sail on it. I can' t say honestly one way or another since I haven' t used one, but I would be concerned. Anyone shoot it outside?
Old 03-29-2003, 12:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Excuse the picture.... but I took it just holding the camera on my rest and aiming at a mirror. I think you can see with a little background it would hide you very well. It weighs about 6 or 8 oz or something like that. I think it' ll be the cats meow for birds. They also make it in fall prints. It has the little leafy cutout all around and quickly folds up to about the size of a fat 6 inch stablizer
Old 03-29-2003, 12:14 PM
Dominant Buck

OK, I went outside and did a self portrait real quick. I can shoot my bow sitting flat on the ground. I' m just crouched down here. I usually carry one of those short turkey seats bowhunting.

QUESTI0N:!!!! ALERT ALERT Do I look enough like a turkey fan to get SHOT????!!!![][]
Anyhow..... It sure does hide me. Maybe I look like a bush? Tell me the fall version wouldn' t hide you in a tree when the leaves all fall off.

Old 03-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Fork Horn

It does kinda look like a turkey tail fanned out, Dave. I' d be real careful. Are you hunting birds on the same " zoo" that you and Len hunt deer?
Charlie
Old 03-29-2003, 03:06 PM
Dominant Buck

NOPE... no turkeys there. I saw one hen across the road this year. That' s the only turkey I' ve seen in this county in about 20 years. I hunt turkeys in NY... PUBLIC LAND[][] I don' t want to be looking like any turkey fan... but I got to try it. Len and I will probably travel to WV too. His place is remote there. I may give it a whirl there.

Quick Reply: Pop Up umbrella blinds attached to bow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.