Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I HATE MY GUTS!

Old 10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: I HATE MY GUTS!

I can relate. I nearly lost a chance at this year's buck due to my peep site being twisted most likely because I haven't replaced the D-loop in a while and I think it's moving on me occasionally. I always, always, always pull back my bow when I get in the stand to make sure everything is cool and this one time I forgot. It must have been because I was counting on the evening being more of a scouting trip due to me getting out their so late. Luckly I recovered and got him back in range. I won't make that mistake again.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another reason why it is very important to continue practicing during the season. On the dyas you aren't hunting shoot 10-12 arrows or so. Then you can be confident in yourself and your gear when the time comes.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I am not shooting at least 3 times a week during the season, I get nervous. I try to shoot at least 15-20 arrows, 3-4 days a week during the season.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mofireman

Sounds like he meant it was open 24 hours....and only 10 minutes from the house?!? Correct?
correct! and yes, i USUALLY shoot quite a bit all year round, but i've been doing swing shifts at work and SHOUD"VE made the time, but didn't. i know, sack punch for me!
Old 10-31-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thast why I hsoot at least 3 shots before i head out.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moose1915

With the range being 24 hours, and 10 minutes from my house, i am mad at myself for not checking the bow DURING the season .
I would never go to a range that's a 24 hour 10 minute drive from my house. That's just utterly ridiculous! Why would you travel that far just to shoot your bow?

LOL jk man. Did I have you going? Hey seriously though, it's too bad for your situation. Seems like you really put in the time and earned that buck. This is why you have to shoot during season. It not only keeps your bow on target, it keeps your body in tune.

Good Luck in your future ventures!