Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bow Level

Old 10-31-2008, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bow Level

Hey guys just got a new Drenalin. I love this bow and have been shooting it for a week and getting terrible groups. Then I started to pay attention to the level on the bow sight and my groups improved dramatically.

So obviously the level of the bow is really important. The issue I'm finding is that when I grab the Drenalin over my old bow, which was a Mathews FX specifically I don't naturally want to hold it level.

Any thoughts on this?

Is this just a need to get used to this new bow thing? Is my issue perhaps caused by the grip? Though the Drenalin grip and the grip on my old bow are pretty much the same.

Just looking for general ideas.

Thanks

Tom
Old 10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow Level

I found the same thing when I changed sights. My natural position was never level (according to the little bubble). But when it was centered my groups were definitely better.

Since I was pretty much self-taught, I just assumed I had developed a bad habit and this corrected it.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

all of the sights i have had have a bubble level on them and i havent ever really payed much attention to it and i never have any problems with my groups....my guess is your gripping the bow diffrent than your old one of the grip is diffrernt...you can get other grips from companys like Schrewd ( i think thats the name of them ) that will cure a lot of these types of problems
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

http://www.torqueless.com/
I'd have to see one and use one before I'd plunk down $60 and remove my factory installed grip. Not to mention my bow is still a virgin.

Tom
Old 10-31-2008, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

ok on this subject when i set up my bow wih the string level do i level the sight bubble to match? as it has an adjustable level on it?
Old 11-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

bump would love an answer need to sort it out
Old 11-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Typical Buck

anyone anyone
Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 AM

Level the sight bubble to match the string level for most archers.Level on on a sight is very important. Your eye are sight is 6 to 10 inch's above your arrow a slight cant will make your arrow shoot lift are right the farther away the worst it well be off. Todays short bow are more critical to cantingand shooting out of a tree stand it's some times hard to tell if your in a cant. If your pin are straight or level with the bar that they are on you can shoot with a little bit of a cant as long as you use your level every time. Some time i would level every thing up go out and shoot my target bow and than set the bar level so that the bow wascomfortable tohold on the target and some time that would be a little cant to the right. I used my level a lot on windy days shooting target I could make my arrow shoot to the right are liftinto the wind by using my level.A half abubble off to make the arrow shoot 6 to 12 inch right are lift depending on how far the target is and it work every time. I broke a state target record once on a windy day doing this.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

thanks but i just realised that the string on my new diamond is on an angle as in it is centered on the top but the bottom cam is offset to the left so the level wont work with this should i level the bow of the side of the riser and then set the sight bubble to this???? will that work?

Quick Reply: Bow Level

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.