Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ooohh the rut's here.  The rut's here.... >

Ooohh the rut's here. The rut's here....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ooohh the rut's here. The rut's here....

Old 10-30-2008, 06:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Ooohh the rut's here. The rut's here....

No it isn't....lol.

Thought I was doing the right thing. Saw the best buck I've ever seen in my woods here, Tuesday night. He was dogging a group of does and "almost" had my chance. So close.

So anyway.....Got a good wind to get back in there......and man did the does do their part. 8 of them filtered through......with 3 of them coming well after last shooting light. I'm not kidding when I say this....I had all of them inside 10yds. I wouldn't have shot one of them if they tried to burn my tree down.

So anyways.....they do their part....and he never shows. I've been pinned down til now. I JUST got home. First time in a LONG time I go trying to find does..and whatta ya know....I'm successful! Big whoop!! If there ain't nothing following them....I wish they'd all just move on along. I had one that would bed....get up....bed...get up. She was driving me NUTS.[:@]

He wins, again. Hopefully more games to come.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Ooohh the rut's here. The rut's here....

Oh the joys of buck hunting!! Just wait until you least expect it!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

How big is he? 8 pt? Mature? Details man, details!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smae dilemma here tonight, I was 15 yards away from getting my shot, and he decides to be picky and go after one instead of coming to me [&o], Oh well there is always tomorrow. I have Monday and Tuesday off, I feel an all day sit coming
Old 10-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same thing here, Jeff. I have 5-6 does pretty pegged on where they are going to be almost every evening, but they're still coming out alone. I get pinned in that stand quite a bit, and I'm going to give a little time. It's just not here, yet...the rut that is.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol, always fun getting stuck in a tree for hours after shooting light, been therem done that, Not a big fan when it gets cold out. lol

Shane
Old 10-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

I only saw the left side..and that he HAD a right side (which looked fine in the brief moment I saw him). Nothing extra special....but he'd outscore anything I;ve taken. He's got a big, mature body on him. I'd say at least 3.5.

I may never see him again.....but the other guy hunting the place has seen him, too. I'm not too worried about him killing him....but running him off might be another story.....lol.

Oh yeah.....This same guy shot and didn't recover a 7-pointer a couple weeks ago. When he described him to me....first thing I said was...You shot JR. I think he must have, given the description.

Oh well.....I hope he at least lived.....whether I ever see him again, or not.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are following the does in IL right now.

At least they were last night. The most grunting I have ever heard in the deer woods. Now I just gotta get HIM to stop at the right time.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

This morning I had 10 does and fawns plus one little 6 pt. pass by at 10-15 yds., but no other bucks showed up. Here there is some sign of trailing but nothing serious and I have only seen one possible shooter....too far to tell.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

saw 10 on the way to work this am in a group and nigh a buck to be seen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.