Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Something scary to think about next time you are hunting... >

Something scary to think about next time you are hunting...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Something scary to think about next time you are hunting...

Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Something scary to think about next time you are hunting...

I was sitting in the treestand freezing to death this am and got to thinking about just how much I have spent and invested in just what I was using at that moment (clothes, boots, stand, bow, etc). Its outrageous when you really think about how much we pay a pound for venison..lol.

However I do view it as money very well spent. Theres no place Id rather be and Id say you guys would agree on that part.

Another thing to consider is just how big of a loss to the economy there would be if there were no hunting. Id say Im a middle of the road spender... I buy the best I can afford but I use it until theres not much left of it. I know guys who spend a lot more and a lot less. Id say overall the economic impact of sportsmen would be well into the billions when you total up what all of us spend.

As much economic power as we have and the numbers we have there should be no way any hunting season ever gets banned or closed. The power we could have if united properly would be amazing.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Something scary to think about next time you are hunting...

Yes sir.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

agreed
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not scary, except for "what" out retirement funds could be! I would rather piss it away on hunting stuff!
Old 10-31-2008, 07:02 AM
Spike

It's funny this comes up now. My dad and I were just talking about this last night. We look at it this way as far as price per pound of meat. We only figure in the processing fee for the meat. (which is very low when we cut them up ourselves.) The rest of the money we spend on hunting is for the enjoyment of hunting. Sort of like our other hobby, golf. The meat is the bi product of this hobby, the bi product of golf is usually a sunburn, sore back, and most times a hangover. The money we spend on each hobby is about the same annually, but this hobby has a tasty bi product.

Oh, and I agree, we should have a lot of power when it comes to protecting our rights.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper
Id say overall the economic impact of sportsmen would be well into the billions when you total up what all of us spend.

Try even more than that. In WI alone, the sale of hunting goods and hunting related purchases (hotels, food, transp., etc.), through the multiplier effect, contributed a few billion dollars to the state. While some states obviously have more, and others less, the total amount contributed to the economy, again adjusting for the multiplier effect, is probably upwards of $30-$50 billion.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm a guitar enthusiast of sorts....and I love looking at youtube videos to learn how to play certain songs. I was talking to my wife the other day about how much money some of these guys must have tied up in their guitars and sound equipment. The only one I own (guitar) retails in the $2500 range.....and some of these guys have 4-5 of them on stands as they're playing.

Then I got to thinking about it.....lol. ATV ($6K+), Bows (????), Stands ($1K, easy), Camo (?????), Gear (????), etc..., etc..., etc...

It all adds up
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

When I think about how much I spend on hunting and how much my non-hunting buddies spend on golf, then Im not as mad! At least I get something to eat out of my past time!!
Old 10-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL I think theres a theme to the madness here. Whatever we spent is very easily justified and well worth it I dont have a life, a wife, or any kids....hunting, dirt racing, and work pretty much get all my attention.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fastetti

When I think about how much I spend on hunting and how much my non-hunting buddies spend on golf, then Im not as mad! At least I get something to eat out of my past time!!
THANKS! some of us Hunt and Golf ...

But seriously, think of it as time on stand..for instance you pay for a movie for you and your lady, popcorn, drinks etc you have what $35 invested for a 2 hour flick? Break down your hunting the same way. You invest say $1000 per year how many hours enjoyment do you get per year for this money?

Quick Reply: Something scary to think about next time you are hunting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.