Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Let Myself Down! >

Let Myself Down!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Let Myself Down!

Old 10-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Let Myself Down!

I told myself going into this season I wasn't going to shoot a buck unless he was going on the wall. I have been passing small bucks (1.5 yr olds) and been proud of myself. I have seen quite a few nice bucks around so my chances of at least seeing nice deer on stand are pretty good. Anyways Tuesday morning had a little 6 come by and because of limited time in the woods I shot him. Now 2 days later I am upset with myself still for not following my goal for the season. Never again will I pull trigger on a young buck I am going to stick with my goals.Sorry about the rant just had to vent.

P.S. It was a perfect heart shot and sorry no pics.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Let Myself Down!

Many here have been there, done that. The point to remember is, in most states youwon't shoot a big one if you burn your tag on a smaller one. Keep that thought in your head for next year, but be happy for what you accomplished this year. Congrats on the harvest.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, I am happy with the harvest just upset I didn't stick to my goal.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same thing happen to me 3 years ago, I had been watching a real nice 6 pt that had great potential and I had him many times throughout the season within 20yds. I chose to let this guy walk all of those time. Then the last weekend of season on the Saturday evening huntatthe last30 seconds ofof daylight, well, I could tell he was at least an inch outside his ears and had 4-5 inch browslooking at himto the light colored grass on the other side of him (antlers shadowed).Needless to say I hurried to get an arrow in him as there really wasn't much daylight left, made a killer shot on him and whenI went to recover him at less than 50yds away I noticed it was that deer and Ibeat myself up over thatin every way possible. I still feel bad about it butlike you I was appreciative to have gotten a deer but down on myself a little...We just have to try harder to reach our personal goals next time...
BTW: Congratulations on your deer