Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the least amount of time >

What is the least amount of time

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the least amount of time

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default What is the least amount of time

If I go out after work, I could be in my tree about 5:00 or a little after, and that would only give me about an hour and a half to hunt. I havent been in a tree stand for the last week and a half, and its killing me. Would you go out if you only had an hour to an hour and a half to hunt? I know this time of the year, any time is a good time, just wondering what others thought.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What is the least amount of time

For me, yes. I was in this situation last night and went eventhough my walk to/from stand was nearly as long as the amount of time on the stand. Saw 4 does, but none got within range. Guess it just depends on your opinion of what your time is worth.

Last year I killed my buck after less than 5 minutes on the stand.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

In gun season when the does in my area hit the fields hard, Ive waited until 30min before sunset to go. I can get in quick and quiet
Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

If I go out after work, I could be in my tree about 5:00 or a little after, and that would only give me about an hour and a half to hunt. I havent been in a tree stand for the last week and a half, and its killing me. Would you go out if you only had an hour to an hour and a half to hunt? I know this time of the year, any time is a good time, just wondering what others thought.
Answered your own question right there.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would go. The last few years when I was hunting close to home I went after work for an hour hunt as often as I could. I miss having the opportunity now. GO!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Fork Horn

IMO any time spent in the woods is a good time. Not knowing how far of a walk you have or what effort you have to go through to get into your stand, you might grab a foam seat cushion and find a comfy tree to sit under near a trail leading to a food source.I have done that on a number of occasions when I only have a short time to be in the woods. Doingit this waylimits the time I spend moving around, thus maximizing the time I get to sit and wait. If I were you I would go because you never know what will be walking by your stand if you aren't in it.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:12 AM

Yes, I would go hunt, just be careful not to spook anything walking in, and be ready to shoot in case you walk up on one.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Can't kill one sitting on the couch!
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Darren, thats all I ever get after work once Daylight Savings time hits.. its well worth it imo.. That last hour of daylight is primetime anyway.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes

Quick Reply: What is the least amount of time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.