Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

thanks schultzy

Old 10-29-2008, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stuck a GIANT in Kansas....letting him lay overnight.....Story within

The coyotes won't eat the rack. Give him till morning, it sounds like you are very unsure of the shot.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stuck a GIANT in Kansas....letting him lay overnight.....Story within

I hope you find him in the morning!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

We all hope you get him in the morning. Just let us all know what happens. I'll be out in the woods tomorrow morning, but of course, I'll be hunting.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya if it's not supposed to rain or anything leave it till morning. Yotes MIGHT nibble on his ars a little but probably not much more. Leave him till am just in case then go get yer buck..

Post Pics of this guy too.... Good Luck!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck, Can't wait to see the pic's!!
Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Banned

but it sounded like I shot through a watermelon
You are doing exactly what you're suppose to. Get out quiet, leave him completely alone, go back in good light and leave him all night.

The above quote tells me you have a good chance at a very dead deer.

Now tommorrow morning, when you recover him, take some really good field photos, I mean spend extra time making him look the trophy that he is, take many many more picture than you normally would - make it count and then go to www.tinypic.com, upload then and post them.

I'm giving you an excellent chance at recovering this deer.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:57 PM

If it was me in that situation, I would be waiting as well.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

the swooshing sound like shooting a watermelon is guts! I think you did the right thing!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's 7:40 here. I'm hoping you'll find him in a couple hours from now. Keep us updated. You did the right thing.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:56 AM

Just before 7 here in the midwest, he should be getting out in a little bit I imagine.

Quick Reply: thanks schultzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.