Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good night in the stand - short vid >

Good night in the stand - short vid

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good night in the stand - short vid

Old 10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good night in the stand - short vid

Was really windy again but I decided to go out anyway even though it was sprinkling on and off a bit, the temp was 46 degrees when I left my truck and hoped the cool weather could get the boys fired up. Saw 8 bucks, got some chasing on video, a few fights, this buck making a rub and 2 scrapes, and all kinds of cool stuff. I had a bigger buck chasing a Doe for a few minutes, but I got excited andtemporarily wentbrain dead and forgot to hit record. This guy was 5 yards at one point with several Does and other bucks within 20 yards. I already shot 1 buck so Im waiting for a while to see what else shows up the next few weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G5CGW3VOn4

Old 10-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good night in the stand - short vid

Cool video Andy!! High kind of rack on him.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

and you didnt shoot because????????[&:]
Old 10-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

awsome! Thats what I am looking for!
Old 10-30-2008, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice! Man I don't know if its just the angle or what, but he looks like he dwarfs that other buck!

Nice deer...hopefully one like that decides to stroll by me [8D]
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

and you didnt shoot because????????[&:]
Because I already shot 1 bow buck this season in MD, and Ive seen bigger bucksat this location thisseason.I only have 1 tag left and I want to wait and get something bigger than this guy. The rut is just kicking in and Im having fun videoing and watching the action while waiting for something big to come by. This is a great spot, its a big open Oak flat in the corner of a field right where a finger goes out to a pond. They are scarfing upthe last of the dropping acorns that got knocked down by the high winds the past few days.

Here is another few clips of him, check out the body posture when hes walking up to this little buck. Tail down, hunched back, hair on his neck up, good stuff. I though the little buck was in for a good ol fashoined ass kicking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8tNS_Iqflg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CLRDayt6ts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j7Wu1J5J3I
Old 10-30-2008, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

thats good stuff! Gee buddy I got a maryland license!LOL
Old 10-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Spike

So that's where my Damascus bucks have gone? I had some NICE trail cam pics of 8 pointers + all summer, and now....poof! I'm hoping they are still around somewhere. I hunt/live off of Bethesda Church Rd. Know where I'm at? A buddy of mine took a huge 9 pt. out of Laytonsville, too. Maybe the deer just want to be closer to the hospital.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishn711

So that's where my Damascus bucks have gone? I had some NICE trail cam pics of 8 pointers + all summer, and now....poof! I'm hoping they are still around somewhere. I hunt/live off of Bethesda Church Rd. Know where I'm at? A buddy of mine took a huge 9 pt. out of Laytonsville, too. Maybe the deer just want to be closer to the hospital.
Yeah I know where you are. Im litterally right on RT 27 and why arent you supporting a local Damascus MD business!! Shame on you!! I have hunting properties all over, Damascus, Laytonsville, Poolesville, Ashton, Boyds,
Old 10-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Spike

Too funny.I can see the traffic on 27 from a few of my stands. In fact, it's my parents that still live on Beth. Ch. Rd., right by the Elem. School ballfield(that's where I was raised), and I now live right on 27 about a mile past the high school.

Hey, I support alot of Damascus businesses. Which one are you talking about and I'll do my best, lol.I have a 5 pt and a 4 pt in the freezer, but none of the bigguns that were running around earlier!

Quick Reply: Good night in the stand - short vid

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.