Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 where did the thrill go >

where did the thrill go

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where did the thrill go

Old 10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default where did the thrill go

Last year i was pumped it was my third year out of the last four hunting. I skipped the year before last. I was pumpedall year i missed a spike the first daythen i missed a 9 point the last week of oct. i was pumped even when it hit20 degrees and wind.
This yearsome of the thrill about going hunting. It is like i am less pumped justlike a normaleveryday thing.
I wonder if some of it is the fact last year was the first year i have hunted with my bow. i still love the hunt. Though it has been a hard season so far. i have saw deer twice when hunting out of 14 hunts. Only one was in shooting distance and she was running full speed. She did noteven stop for more then 2 seconds.
Maybe that is it. But even opening day it was differnt.
Am i lossing mywant to hunt or is this just normal as the yearsgoby.This is my fifth year hunting i would think i would still have that thrill when going.DO not get me wrong i am stillobsessive about hunting itis alli think about. Just that heart pumpingchest pounding feeling when going in. Maybe it will come back when i drop a deer.
Has this ever happen to you
Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: where did the thrill go

Hey tim, are you bipolar?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Why do you say that. Well maybe alittle no not realy.
ORIGINAL: fingerz42

Hey tim, are you bipolar?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

I've had a hard time the last 2 years getting motivated in the early season. Once Nov. comes I start getting excited! I'm taking off work Nov.7-11th and sitting all day. I'm gettng pumped about that!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Can't say that I've ever experience that. Matter of fact when pre- season scouting starts and as hunting season is in I rarely think of any thing else. well maybe a little sleep, food and some tail for my self.
Been repeating season after season for more years than I want to admit. Season just getting good now, get out there are see a few wall hangers to get the blood flowing.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

start shooting a recurve or longbow, you WILL refind what you've lost

traditional archery - it changes everything
Old 10-28-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

Last year i was pumped it was my third year out of the last four hunting. I skipped the year before last. I was pumpedall year i missed a spike the first daythen i missed a 9 point the last week of oct. i was pumped even when it hit20 degrees and wind.
This yearsome of the thrill about going hunting. It is like i am less pumped justlike a normaleveryday thing.
I wonder if some of it is the fact last year was the first year i have hunted with my bow. i still love the hunt. Though it has been a hard season so far. i have saw deer twice when hunting out of 14 hunts. Only one was in shooting distance and she was running full speed. She did noteven stop for more then 2 seconds.
Maybe that is it. But even opening day it was differnt.
Am i lossing mywant to hunt or is this just normal as the yearsgoby.This is my fifth year hunting i would think i would still have that thrill when going.DO not get me wrong i am stillobsessive about hunting itis alli think about. Just that heart pumpingchest pounding feeling when going in. Maybe it will come back when i drop a deer.
Has this ever happen to you
if skipping a year does not get you pumped for the following year i dont know what will. Heck I dont skip any but thats just me. Look around when you in the woods and enjoy all the small things!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:15 AM

Sounds like you need to diversify and hunt somedifferent game. "Go west young man!"
Old 10-29-2008, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting changed big time for me when I got back from Iraq last year. You just have to re-find what it was that got you so pumped up so much in the first place.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 AM

I have been doing this for about 45 year and have been through about every thingin archery and bowhunting. I have went back to huntingwith the long bow and recurve. After about 5 years andIhave takena lot of deer and other big game with a recurve. After losing two are three deer I almost quit hunting and shooting.I was also winning all the 3D shoots around here with a compound and when I went back to a recurveI still was. Thats when we shotwith the compound shooters there was no different divisions.I have hunted out of state west, north and south ,I have shot target as a am and as a pro and I done will as each, have some state records and won some national shoots. I love bowhunting and to me making the cleanest kill I can makeis every thing to me. Going outsetting in a tree andseeing the nature as it was meant to be and to get set up tomake thatgreat shotalso means everything to me. Bowhunting has been my life and Ilove to shoot a great group and to hit what I'm aiming at. Itgives me a great feeling.There are hunters and there are shooters.I think you got be a little bit of both to begood bowhunter. I thinkI'm a little more of a shooter and great shot and a clean kill is the most important thing to me. When I get ready to get down in the morning I look around and do you see that leaf over there and putting a arrow right in the middle at 30 yard make feel like I'm shooting great and can't wait to see a good buck. If I miss I'm back home and go out shooting to figure out way I missed and correct it. I don't just right itoff as a bad shot.

Bowhunting is a great sport just hang in there and enjoy the hunt

Quick Reply: where did the thrill go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.