Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question >

Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question

Old 10-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question

First off I live in maryland and was thinking of getting one of these and had a few questions. First it comes with a 4 oz bottle how long will this last before I need to buy more scent.Second how many marylanders have used it and had sucess. Third when should I put it out i dont want to put it out to early and scare deer away.I think I am going to put it near my feeder and set my camera upby it and let me just say to all the othermarylanders out there this wind sucks.Thanks any info is appreciated
Old 10-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question

I have 2 of the drippers. You can expect about 4daysfrom the dripper. I does just as it states. When the temp goes up in the morning it begins to drip. When the temp reaches it's warmest point and begins to cool it stops. They say the temp needs to go up 10 degrees before it will begin to drip, so on days where the temp increase is a lot, say 30degrees,it will drip alot.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Darn 4 days that goes fast gonna go through alot of that wish it lasted longer.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Anyone Else use these.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though it may last 4 or 5 days, you have to remember that the scent is still coming out of the tube. So hang it in a deers nose reach.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

i kinda messed up when i set mine....might have to dig it back out now...

i found a scrape area with like 7+ scrapes within 30yds or so...went in the pouring rain...as scent free as i ever am while hunting(hunted in that rain all morning) rained for 2 days after...hung it...went back a week or 10 days later...scent dripper was half full still and all the scrapes were abandoned...

i messed up by using the scent in the early season...didnt really realize it had estrous in it...

might bust it out now and hang it with some real estrous from a local deer farm....not sure why mine didnt drip out over the 7-10 days.....
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

any marylanders use these when should I put it out I dont want to waste it or scare the big boy away. thanks any info is appreciated
Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone else?
Old 10-29-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not from maryland, but they work in jersey. Actually i have only used the moultrie drippers. They work well, i actually just started one up. Prerut i use dominant buck piss, once the first of november comes around, i will put a second dripper with doe estrus, so that it smells like 2 different deer are using the scrape. I have been very successful using this technique.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks still havent decided yet thinking about maybe just getting some primetime scent wafers in doe esrous or buck rutbut cant decide whether to get them or this scent dripper. At least with the wafers they would be fresh every time and I wouldnt have to keep buying scent every week but on the other hand would be nice to see if any bucks come into the dripper. If anyone has used the scent wafers in doe estrous or buck rut please post if you liked them or not and which should I get esrous or buck rut.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Scrape Dripper Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.