Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ticks...I HATE THEM! >

Ticks...I HATE THEM!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ticks...I HATE THEM!

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default Ticks...I HATE THEM!

I just remembered this, it happend a few weeks ago but i thought id share it with ya'll. So i was out checking my trail cameras like normal and brought my laptop with me(white mac). I noticed a little tingling on my arms but i didnt think much of it. I looked down at my computer as the pics were downloading and what do i see? roughly 50 to 60 baby deer ticks crawling all over my computer.(i set it on the grass for maybe 30 seconds).
At this point i was completely freaking out. im kinda a germ-a-phobe as it is, and when i looked at my my arms i also saw dozens of ticks. I ran to my truck, stripped naked in the field and dumped alcohol all over my body. then got some bug spray and sprayed my self. I drove my truck out of the pasture and went straight inside and took a hot long shower. Many i was freakin out! haha Im glad no one was around to see me jumpin around like an idiot! i ended up pulling roughly 200 ticks off me(not in the skin thank god!).
Old 10-28-2008, 01:56 AM

Default RE: Ticks...I HATE THEM!

Last year I came home and just took my jacket off and found a large tick on my arm. Talk about freaking out! Thankfully he never took a bite yet and my wife was nice of enough to look at the rest of me for others. Glad she didn't find anymore.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate them things, they give me the willies.I was very surprised this year tho, I always skin my deer as soon as I get them home and put the hide in a bag and seal it up. But this year I didn't and was very surprised that there where only 2 ticks on the hole deer. The last time I did that, my garage floor was covered in ticks the next day.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

man you guys woudl nnever survive in WI lol
Old 10-28-2008, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

oh man that has gotta suck, i never had that many on me, but last week i had one in my head for about a week, i dug it out and it was dead, but i hate those things...