Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Doing Construction work on Land? >

Doing Construction work on Land?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Doing Construction work on Land?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:21 PM

Default Doing Construction work on Land?

I just leased this new land this year in texas and was very excited. i was going up all summer long to fill feeders and stuff and i would wake up in my camper everymorning around 10:30 and look outside and see deer everywhere in the field. i have had acouple nice bucks walk within 50 yards of my camper!!! the land had not been hunted on or touched for about 5 years so they wouldnt go to bed till like 11 in the morning. i would sit in my stand to try to get a pig before bow season came and i would have atleast 15 deer come right under everysingle hunt. when we were going up for the first weekend of bow season we drove on the land all excited and saw tractors!,bulldosers!,backhoes!,and there were big piles of burning trees all throughout the land. He is knocking down all the ceders around the big trees and burning them. also he mowed all the fields that the grass was like 4 feet tall that the deer would bed down in. i was wondering if that would me them become nocturnal or just completely leave the land?
Old 10-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Doing Construction work on Land?

WOW I would seriously want my $$$$$ back.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 AM

Thats a tought one. I had the same thing happen this year. Saw tons of deer in september, then about a week into bow season they started mowing and dumping rock in the river to keep it from eroding and i havnt been seeing as much. They seemed to have just moved a lil but it still makes for tough hunting. But another place i hunt is on brick company land so the deer see heavy machinary and deal with noise all the time and dont pay attention to it. Go scout a lil further into the property and find where they went, or get your money back.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, talking about getting screwed over. I really doubt he would give you your money back. You leased the hunting right to HIS property. He can do whatever he wants to do on HIS property, he just has to allow you to hunt it. I know it is now right and really not even ethical, but it is what it is. I would talk to him, find out why he did not mention he was going to be doing this when you signed the lease, but I don't think you would get any money back unless you the inside of a court room.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

If thats the only hunting land you have then I'd stick with it. Maybe just try moving to the outskirts of where the work is being done. I'm betting some will stick around.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

I had a similar experience with a tract of land. They were cutting all the trees down, about half the land was gone! I still saw alot of sign in the area that was not cutover, didn't see one deer during the day. I'm sure some will stick around, might not see as many this year.