Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Michigan Rut

Old 10-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Michigan Rut

Was just wondering if anyone that hunts lower michigan has noticed if the rut has started yet. Where I am at it doesn't appear that the rut has kicked in fully yet. I haven't seen a single buck chasing a doe yet. Was just curious if anyone knows if the rut is on yet or not.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michigan Rut

I am in Southwest Wisconsin, I haven't seen any bucks chasing does but I have had 2 shooters walk by the last 2 nights, and this was after hunting for 3 weeks without seeing a deer. I'd say things are beginning to heat up. Big 10 pointer tonight, I had my bow up and release on but he hung up behind a cedar for 15 minutes about 50 yards out and wouldn't come in. It sure gets the blood boiling to have the big boys walking around.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Ya on my way home tonight from shooting archery with my gf's dad about a 1/4 mile from where we hunt standing on the side of the road is a MASSIVE 8 point about 22 inches across, and prolly had 9-10 inch tines if not taller. He was huge, and we scared him towards our property so hopefully I'll see him Wednesday when I go out, cause he was definetly a shooter, and looked to have a pretty thick neck, was hard to see cause it was close to dark, so hopefully thats a good indication to the rut starting soon.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:00 PM

Where abouts in Michigan are you? I live in Chesterfield off of 21 and Gratiot and I mostly hunt in Chelsea. I've also hunted more than a few different areas this year and have not seen a single deer!

Do you know of anywhere there is a good chance of seeing deer and possibly bagging one?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt out of Kalamazoo County on private land. Would tell you more but you know how it is.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:06 PM

saw some smaller bucks with there noise's on some does tail's this weekend. So I think it is starting. In Barry County
Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 PM

Seems to be same as usual for this time of year in my area (SW LP). A few young bucks getting excited but the big boys aren't really on their feet during the day yet. Things should pick up near the end of the week (Halloween!) just like every year.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Here in northwest lower I havent seen any activity yet, but down in Montcalm county where I hunted this weekend it was deffinately starting. Every doe I saw had a buck following her nose down, and while doing some shining at night we saw at least one buck chasing a doe around.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saginaw county here, havent seen any rutting signs yet. Ive heard people seeing bucks chasing does, but I havent seen anything personally.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

Washtenaw County, no rut activity yet.

Quick Reply: Michigan Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.