Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Outdoors

Old 10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Drury Outdoors

Im a big fan, i think they bring alot of the realities of hunting to the screen.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Fork Horn

I like them and many others cause a lot of their hunts are on their property...Not like NAW where they go from outfitter to outfitter...When was the last time you saw Pat Reeve or Stan Potts on their own property?? Kisky and Lakosky's are also good cause most of their deer hunts are on their property... That is the stuff I like....
Old 10-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like em, and enjoy their shows probably the best of the ones I watch. Though I get a little tired of hearing "brother Mark, brother Terry" LOL. I will agree, anyone at the top will get knocked around whether its true or not.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

No matter what anyone says, The Drury brothers are the BEST. They do almost their own scouting and hunting. They rarely use outfitters. They make great videos and they give great tips to improve your hunting. I'm trying to get on their team. I've filmed a few hunts, and hoprfully, I can film my dad shooting a big buck. That's what I want to do in my future hunting. Hunt for Drury Outdoors.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: kickin_buck

ORIGINAL: bowtech.tribute

Kickin Buck do may i ask what went wrong between your friend and them?
It had to do with the way Drury pays for footage, or more specifically, if they pay for footage. Please know, that not every piece of footageyou see on their videos was done by a "Drury Person". My buddy was employeed by Drury, they used a ton of his footage, but refused to pay because their was no kill at the end. I can understand not paying him for footage they won't use. However, to use the footage and not pay, pretty shady. Also, you should talk to some of the land owners around them in Northern Missouri about tresspassing and other ethical subjects. I believe you will see them in a whole new light. I know this is a business for them, just another reason why I don't really care for them, or any other T.V hunting shows.
What did his contract say he was getting paied for?????
Old 10-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Fork Horn

Is it just me or have I been seeing some of the worst shots ever taken on hunting shows lately? All kinds of 15-30 yd shots that are several feet away from the animal, makes me wonder what it takes to be on a "pro stafff'. And it's crazy how all these guys jump from onemanufacturer of bows and gear to another all for the mighty dollar. Telling me I should buy an X force baby....yea right!
I thought it was funny the other day whenone of theXforce dudes wacked his are with his string, then right after that oldPete's pointer is that you should always wear an arm guard!Go and make a faster, shorter brace height bowLOL!

I'm like allot of others, used to really like their old stuff, but this entire dream season business is a mess. I read one of the other post above and the guy says "you gotta pay if you wanna play" talking about the leasing disease. Give me a brake, I take pride in knowing I have the skills to take mature deer on public ground all for the price of the tag. And I didn't have to go and lease up the best ground around and kick some locals or family membersout, & spend big $$$$ on bait plots.Just so I can shoot bucks and post my photos all over the net and make videos to try and get on some goofy show. Hunting is about allot more than that to me I guess.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

After all, hunting is about killing big bucks- dont say its not.
. Hunting is so much more than just killing big bucks.

I actually feel sorry for you if you really feel this way.[&o]
Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like them. They are always fun to watch.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

[blockquote]quote:

After all, hunting is about killing big bucks- dont say its not.[/blockquote]

. Hunting is so much more than just killing big bucks.

I actually feel sorry for you if you really feel this way.[&o]
No, its really not....

It should be about being outdoors, experiencing nature. Spending time with great friends while engaging in a clean, old fashioned hobby, lifestyle. However, the general hunting public is always looking to score on a throphy animal, no matter the species.

Now, some will argue that hunting videos and shows have made hunting into a competition for big bucks. Others will claim that the QDM practiced within thesevideos and shows has assisted in educating and sharingknowledge that have increased the quality of, specifically- whitetail hunting.

I'm not going to bicker, one way or another...I will say, for me- hunting is about having my time and money pay off. I want to be rewarded by seeing and hopefully getting a shot on a mature whitetail buck.

I love hunting. I love doing all of the pre-season prep work. I love seeing deer. I enjoy harvesting a doe. I hunt through hard work...scouting...and time in stand.

Most people that say that they dont want to hunt big farms, plant food plots, plant crop,hang multiple stands, glass fields- they are just jealous that they dont have the land to do so.

Like I said- hunting is NOT our job...Yes, hunters that film their hunts for a production company fall into the professional hunter category, still- its not their job.

For people like the Drury brothers- its their job. They pay their bills with hunting related revenue. So, if they have the cash to lease land, great. I'm sure you were not all upset that the bum previously residing in the woods that was cleared down to build your office building was displaced or the people that used to hunt the farm where your yuppy development was built were "pushed out".

It's obvious that you and I view hunting entirely different. That's fine with me, but I am having trouble following you here........

For people like the Drury brothers- its their job. They pay their bills with hunting related revenue. So, if they have the cash to lease land, great. I'm sure you were not all upset that the bum previously residing in the woods that was cleared down to build your office building was displaced or the people that used to hunt the farm where your yuppy development was built were "pushed out".
Care to elaborate? Are you pretending to know where I live and work?

Quick Reply: Drury Outdoors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.