Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 where are the does >

where are the does

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

where are the does

Old 10-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default where are the does

The last three sits all I have seen is small bucks, the area is large open hickory, pine, and pin oak trees bordered by a creek and a large beanfield is 300-400 yards away. My question is will the big boys use the same travel as the youngsters ... was hoping for more doe activity ... the area is torn up with rubs and scrapes
Old 10-27-2008, 10:33 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: where are the does

Frank.....That little woodlot that you and I hunt some.....I just went and checked my '07 journal to see if I was right....

Between4 sits from 11/2 to 11/6 last year (11/6 being the day I shot y 8pointer)....my sightings were as follows:

11/2 morning -26 (including seeing the 8pointer mentioned above in the morning darkness
11/3 morning-35 (including almost taking the same 8 pointer)
11/3 evening - 13
11/6 Morning - 10

I know where I'll be starting in about 3-5 days
Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my problem is in 20 plus years of hunting, I have never been able to hunt the prime month of Nov.. very often due to work volume and such, so I am in the learning process of trying to find a brusier

There is also no defined food source, can't bait, little to no acorns, so I am puzzled ... I obviously found an area that holds bucks but nothing big ... and without the sightings of does I am concerned about bigger bucks using the area -- has plenty of buck sign but haven't sighted anything bigger than a four point

With a few does sightings I would be more confident that big boys would be there come the rut should I hold tight or am I way off base
Old 10-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Dominant Buck

I still wouldn't abandon areas that are holding bucks. With them on their feet more during daylight.....your chances will go up. The moon is changing to a better moon, now....so it should start to improve. Temps will be falling over the next few days, as well.

It's getting ready to get good
Old 10-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]