Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fall Turkey  * pic finally! >

Fall Turkey * pic finally!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fall Turkey * pic finally!

Old 10-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Fall Turkey * pic finally!

Well for the first time they have a fall Turkey season in my County. Birds Of either sex may be taken from Oct 11th-Nov 30th.

I was up in my stand early, for the afternoon hunt. I could hear the clucks and putts long before seeing them even in the driving winds. Soon they began to appear, 1-2-3..holy cow lots of them, most aresmaller,probably this years. Scanning the flock trying to pick out a a bigger one, as they came past, on both sides ofmy tree. Most now past me, I have to make a decision. Ok, she's as big as any, 18 yards settle pin, wait on other bird behind her to clear, release... whack, thump, thump and done! She goes down within a yard of the arrow. NOW the excitement begins, every turkey from that flock now runs to her side and hangs around her. For like 5 minutes they hang by her side. I actually took 2 minutes of cell phone video but it's file size, exceeds sending limit(?) to post.

So now the dilemma..do I climb down and get the arrow, as the tracer nock (which has worked flawlessly) blinks? It's not an issue in the bright sun but as afternoon fades to evening, it will become much more apparent. After about 45 minutes I decide I better go get it. Climb down retrieve arrow, climb back up and as luck would have it as I reattach my safety harness I watch the only deer I'll see all night, bolt away

One of the few nights I don't take the good camera..apologize for the crappy cell phone pic. (Which I may have to post later as Photobucket has me locked out!)

finally..got into photobucket

Old 10-26-2008, 07:54 AM

Default RE: Fall Turkey

Well, you got a nice turkey. Sorry about the other deer.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet, good shootin there Tex!! Ive seen some birds go a looong way after being hit with an arrow.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well when the Rage 2 blade sliced her heart she didn't move, other than a flap or 2. If I can ever post a pic, you can see the arrow in the same frame of the downed bird.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations and like I said in the text, I was looking forward to this post. I now look forward to the pic and if you can get the video uploaded. Taking a turkey with all those eyes says a lot of your camo of choice, Ultimate Camo must have work flawlessly on those birds.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet sounding hunt.....Look forward to seeing the pic's...

Edit: killer...Sweet deal brother!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL, yup that's a dead turkey Bob. Congrats again.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:28 PM

Congrats on the bird.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the turk, that would be a bunch of eyes!

Quick Reply: Fall Turkey * pic finally!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.