Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad Weather for us NY'ers >

Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Old 10-25-2008, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Been busy at work and had no time to get out during the week. My first option was Friday evening so I decided to hunt PA. Wind was out of the South gusting at 25+ mph. It seemed to get worse as I heard it all night. Went into the stand this morning during the rain as the wind seemed to die down. The rain moved out early afternoon but the wind picked back up and stayed that way until dark.

All in all, I saw 4 deer on the way in, two were bucks and wouldn't you know it, one small 4 pt was 20 yards away broadside right under my stand. I had a broadside shot as he rubbed a small tree, but looking for something alot bigger. This evening I saw two on the way in and did see 4 doe from the stand about 5:15pm, but they were on the move. Tomorrow looks like a bust as more bad weather is moving in over night[:@][:@]..Given the bad weather, I did see a total of 10 deer, so not to bad.

All in all, looks like us New York Bowhunters will have to wait another week to go at it again.

Anyone in NY get out there on this horrible weekend ????
Old 10-25-2008, 05:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Yeah Rob, I went out this morning .... wind was bad, then slowed with heavy gust and of and on rain ... it was better than being at work, but not much

in WNY, the weather was different each mile you traveled .... the wind was constantly blowing hard tho ...... quite dissapointing[&o]

the thing I hate the most ....only 2 more Saturdays left [:@]
Old 10-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Last hour was perfect here. The rain stopped and the wind was next to nothing. Almost paid off for me but I'd rather not talk about it too much more.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Last hour was perfect here. The rain stopped and the wind was next to nothing. Almost paid off for me but I'd rather not talk about it too much more.
X2
Old 10-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

Down south in ny it was a good morn. Saw a couple of small bucks sparring, and had a orphaned fawn bleating up a storm. The weather held out pretty much until 2 or so. Then it was rain and heavy gusts for the most part. Seems to be slowing down now. Tom is gonna be warm but oh well.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Typical Buck

Short season this year for sure..

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Yeah Rob, I went out this morning .... wind was bad, then slowed with heavy gust and of and on rain ... it was better than being at work, but not much

in WNY, the weather was different each mile you traveled .... the wind was constantly blowing hard tho ...... quite dissapointing[&o]

the thing I hate the most ....only 2 more Saturdays left [:@]
Old 10-26-2008, 02:47 AM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut
Nope, had to work Sat. Though after all that rain we had all day long here in the S. Tier, I was driving around sometime after 4PM and just about every field I seen had at least 2 deer. In one spot, I seen 7 in one spot. It looked like 4 adult females and 2 or 3 young ones.
In total, I seen about 25 deer in 25 minutes of driving.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Lets hope that next weekend isn't a bust..

Halloween is the start to good things can hapen anytime.

ORIGINAL: needmorecoffee

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut
Nope, had to work Sat. Though after all that rain we had all day long here in the S. Tier, I was driving around sometime after 4PM and just about every field I seen had at least 2 deer. In one spot, I seen 7 in one spot. It looked like 4 adult females and 2 or 3 young ones.
In total, I seen about 25 deer in 25 minutes of driving.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Host of Hosts

Rob, get out and hunt you big wuss.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Today should be a great day to get out there. Nice cool morning after a wash out yesterday.

Quick Reply: Bad Weather for us NY'ers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.