Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!!!!!! >

Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!!!!!!

Well, With work, I haven't had much time in the woods. Just a couple hours in the eveing if I get home early enough. So yesterday I get out of work around 2:30, in the woods by 3:30, I got this nice little spot near an apple tree, a good travle area, I am sitting on the ground make shift nature blind. doing a little grunting and doe bleats, So about two hours go by and I feel it's time to move on, Havent seen anything moving, Just as I start to stand up, 12 yrds to my left stands a nice 8 point, not huge but maybe 130 ish, He blows at me and spins back into the thickets, pops back out 30 yrds above, Never gave me a shot. I never heard him comming in, and with the brush to my left I never saw him. Now what did I learn in this, If I would have sat there another 30 seconds he would have walked right into a shooting lane less than 15 yrds. How many have had this happen? I could kick my self.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stupid,Stupid,Stupid!!!!!!!

It happens, it has happened to me in the past, which is why I will pick a spot and stay till dark no matter what these days!!!! Hang in there, you might get another try at him!!!!