Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I cant sleep

Old 10-23-2008, 11:41 PM
Spike

Default I cant sleep

I am heading out again in the morning and looking to kill my first and first bow kill as well. I hunted last week and I had one come in range. Waited for him to get into the open and all of a sudden he took off. Dont know what spoked him. I am hoping he will return this morning but I would love a doe as well. I went out this afternoon to put my climber out at the tree for in the morning and there were fresh rubs, scrapes, and tracks all around where I will be hunting. I cant wait to get the first one under my belt. Anyone have any tips on how to calm myself when he comes into range? I think he ran because he could hear my heart beating out of my chest! lol. Wish me luck. I appreciate all your post, I have learn a whole lot this year.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I cant sleep

I almost had my first one this year as well. Didn't work out for me. I missed by about 3 inches[:@]

Just remember, its just like practice! Should have told myself that!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Spike

Well hopefully if all goes well in the morning it will be just like practice. I am so excited now I dont think I am going to be able to go to sleep. If I go to sleep I will have to be up in 3.5 hours so I think I might end up staying up all night.

Scott
Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Fork Horn

Haha I've done the all night thing once before. It didn't work out to well for me. I kept dozing off in my stand. Anyways, good luck to you!

By the way, I'm Scott too. Good luck tomorrow buddy.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Spike

Thanks man. I appreciate any well wishes. I slept till about 1:30 this afternoon because I was up late so I think I will be fine until about the time I would be leaving anyway. I am still in college so the all nighter is no stranger to me. Hopefully it wont back fire. Who knows I may pass out in a little bit(alarm is set).
Old 10-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Fork Horn

Good deal, just don't sleep through the alarm! I did that one morning that I was planning on hunting. I was livid! I too, am still in college. Where do you go to school?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Fork Horn

you still awake? ahahah this happens to me all the time, because i come home from work around 1:45-2 am if not later and i leave the house at 5am, sometimes i cant sleep for NOTHING! then around 9:30 am i get the sleepy eye!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM
Spike

University of North Carolina at Charlotte. What about yourself. I have been known to sleep through alarms but it is usually on days I have class and not going hunting!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: RuLzU

you still awake? ahahah this happens to me all the time, because i come home from work around 1:45-2 am if not later and i leave the house at 5am, sometimes i cant sleep for NOTHING! then around 9:30 am i get the sleepy eye!
Unfortunately I am still awake. I will be fine as long as my ability to shoot is not effected by my lack of sleep. I dont anticipate a problem once the adrenaline starts pumpin 100mph!