Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009? >

Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM

Default Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

OK, so I was thinking (watch out dangerous things happen[8D]) and I came to a conclusion earlier.

For this comparison, we will compare the flagship bow of each line, to be fair. To add a light mood, we will call this...

Battle of Epic Proportions.

Hoyt Bowtech
AlphamaxAdmiral
ATA 32"ATA 31 1/16"
BH 7" BH 7.5"
Weight 3.9 lbs Weight 4.2 lbs
IBO 321 fps IBO 312-320 fps

So Hoyt has a slightly taller ATA, less mass weight, and a slightly faster IBO. Bowtech has a slightly larger BH.

Say goodbye to the boat anchor analogy, their flagship bow is sub 4 lbs, lighter than that even of the almighty Bowtech.

These bows are nearly identical in specs, and both are split riser bows. Hoyt is a 5 layer laminated limb system, most would agree this is superior, but we will leave that to you to decide....

I also think that even Bowtech Fanboys would agree that Hoyt makes the most rock solid hunting bow around, these things take amazing abuse and keep on killing.

Bowtech's 2009 lineup hasa rep of being innovative and the best yet.
Hoyt's 2009 lineup already has a rep of dropping the ball, that Hoyt is relying on name alone to sell bows.

People also view keeping the Katera as is was a mistake (Hoyts "speed" bow), yet Bowtechs 82nd Airborne remains...

In fact, the 82nd Airborne is the ONLY bow offered by Bowtech this year that has an IBO greater than 325 fps. Bowtech has, or had, the reputation of being the speed bow company. It seems they are straying from this for smoother pulls and more forgiving bows this year, which is a great move IMO.

So with nearly identical stats I pose the question, Which company truly dropped the ball this year? Or stated better, Why the difference in opinion of nearly identical bows as far as specs go?

No one is impressed with Hoyts new bow, yet they bow down to Bowtechs offering, why?

As you can tell from how I worded it, I am a Hoyt shooter. I do feel they are a great bow, as is BT. This post is made in fun, but the question I pose at the end is dead serious. I am curious as to how that is. This isnt a which company is better thread, it is why the difference in opinion thread.

So lets hear it.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Same reason no one would turn flips if Hyundai built a flagship car that got better gas mileage than the 325i.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Same reason no one would turn flips if Hyundai built a flagship car that got better gas mileage than the 325i.
HA. Good use of a hyperbole, you're catching on.

BMW and Hyundai isnt quite accurate imo.

This would be more like BMW and Mercedes offering nearly identical cars, yet the Mercedes gets a terrible rep while people flock to the new BMW like lost puppies.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

Come on, this isn't fair, I have to copy and paste

They did cover it with the 35, as I tend to like the longer ATA bows, one reason I am opting for the Sentinel.

I guess with two bows (low end) have any early introduction and 2 bows for 2009, just seems a little light.

Bowtech maintained the 82nd Airborne, but also has the SWAT which is a 7 1/4 BH, 34 ATA with a published IBO of 314-325 (which to me is seeing to believe)...

As I have said before I have shot Hoyt bows since the Enticer, Smoke (which was my favorite)
Old 10-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have't seen the new Hoyts and quite honestly, in my neck of the woods shooting a Bowtech is still breaking away from the crowd. I've never been a real "me too" type of guy.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

I think the reason alot of mention has been made to Hoyt dropping the ball is just a lack of new bows. Regardless if it has better specs than BT,BT put out a crap load of new models. *cough*quality over quantity *cough*
Old 10-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Banned

I discovered perfection with my 07 Guardianand my backup06 Tribute. I am finally satisfied; maybe[8D]
Old 10-23-2008, 07:25 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

I discovered perfection with my 07 Guardianand my backup06 Tribute. I am finally satisfied; maybe[8D]
I thought I had with my 07 Vectrix...but I hadnt.[8D] There could be a bow that out performs guns, and we would still look to upgrade 2-3 years down the line.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Typical Buck

If you count the early intro's on the Hoyt, they came out with 4...I think Bowtech is 5..

But really the AlphaMax is available in two sizes...32 & 35...so really maybe 3 ??

Like I said before, I remember the days of the Enticer, Smoke, Alpha Tec and the other Tecs in longer ATA lengths (can't remember all the names)...

ORIGINAL: scooterdo75

I think the reason alot of mention has been made to Hoyt dropping the ball is just a lack of new bows. Regardless if it has better specs than BT,BT put out a crap load of new models. *cough*quality over quantity *cough*
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

The true reason is more is expected from Hoyt due to them being at the top longer than any other manufactuer,but no one will admit it.AND,this is a Bowtech site.[:-]

Or maybe as Hoyt shooters,we just expect more than Bowtech shooters,[8D]

Notice the smilies guys,all in fun.

Quick Reply: Bowtech or Hoyt: Did Either REALLY Drop the Ball for 2009?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.