Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NY deer suck! LOL >

NY deer suck! LOL

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NY deer suck! LOL

Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default NY deer suck! LOL

Well once again I went out today and saw NOTHING!!!! I moved a stand to this spot on Monday, gave it a few days to " cool off " It sits over looking crab apple tree's. There are hundred and hundred of apples on the ground from all the wind in the last 2 days. So I figure this should prove to be a good spot, WRONG!!! nothing, 2 rabbit and some red squirrel's. Now they say the weekend will be a wash out, lots of rain. Just not going to be my year I guess. I hope someone is having some good luck on the Southern Tier of NY.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NY deer suck! LOL

Well, I am a little to your north, but I saw six deer this morning (counting the two buck that were sparring a half hour before daylight). Now, if I can just get them in range.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ive yet to have a sit where I dont see anything (knock on wood),your season will turn around, just gotta be patient! Supposed to get cold next week, be prepared....
Old 10-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Very slow in western new york But I noticed scrape activity has really picked up over the last 2 cooler days It even tried snowing for about an hour yesterday. Its close to the witching day when the bigger bucks start feeling the need to seek out those hot does. Good luck all and put the time in, patience is most usually rewarded
Old 10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

The one I got this morning His gut was full of apples, corn, and greens.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I havent been out in 2 days, It was supposed to be windy today so I stayed home and did some chores, also did a little scouting late morning, saw some good sign. Going out tommorrow morning for sure. Hope it doesnt rain too much to go out sunday.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:38 PM

This morning was a great morning to be out in the woods! I had bucks running all over the place. Nothing big. I'm seeing some bucks chasing in my neck of the woods already.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, Medic! They are out there. Things are just starting to heat up (as the weather cools!).
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have only seen 2 rubs in 45 acres. and 1 scrape. The only chasing I saw was 2 yearling's playing grab ass up in the field behind my house, where I can no longerhunt of coarse. When I came home fromrunning some arron's, I saw what must have been 50+ turkeys in this one field. Every spring that field is loaded with turkeys.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Dominant Buck

Thats why its called hunting and not killing.

Quick Reply: NY deer suck! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.