Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oneida Eagle Bows >

Oneida Eagle Bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oneida Eagle Bows

Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Oneida Eagle Bows

Does anyone here use these? I've always wanted one because of how unique they are, but I've found it's pretty hard to find any information on them. I've heard they were fast, and easy to adjust, but again, on their site they don't list IBO or AMO speeds.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oneida Eagle Bows

i hunted with a tomcat for years great bow.only down fall is it was a long bow not good for a tree stand.just to bulky for me.so i switched to a hoyt 5 years ago.i shot alot of deer with the oneida.fast and quiet.i jsut sold it actually and now i regret it.it was fun just shooting it around the house.

overall if you can get you for a good price grab it.if you dont mind a longer bow you should love it.i think uncle ted (nugent) uses one or at least he did at 1 time.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Typical Buck

I think my cousin still has his, not sure if he wants to sell it, but I can find out if you want me to. PM me if you are interested.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM

Yeah... I shot one for my third year of bowhunting and loved it!!! my dad had a mathews Lx at the time and with the Oneida at the same poundage would shoot Easton xx78 super slams in 2315 about the same speed... with ALOT of knock down power! But the only down side was the axle to axle but you get used to it... very easy bow to tune!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 AM
Fork Horn

I used to hunt with an Oneida Strike Eagle. It was set at 70lbs and shot great. They shoot more like a revurve and sound like one too. Just watch buying one pay close attention to the upper limbs bending left or right it is a problem that can be very expensive to repair. They are nice bows and I wouldn't have sold mine but I didnt use it anymore I hunt with my recurve now.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also hunted with a tomcat bow back in the mid 90's. i loved that bow it had a very smooth draw cycle on it and was super fast. Good bows but you got to watch the limbs on them, there nut crackers
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

I just looked at the website. WOW those bows look sick!!!!!!