Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Update Wounded? Video Buck. >

Update Wounded? Video Buck.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Update Wounded? Video Buck.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Update Wounded? Video Buck.

The buck that was topic of the "great debate 08" lol that many felt was hit in the guts and others just over the spine was spotted tonight. It was last light, I was packing up and I glassed down the field one last time. I spotted a single deer in my food plot and could tell that it had antlers and white ones.

I continued to glass it and then he marched right down the field and past me and I verified it was him with my binos. He was healthier than hell so either he wasn't hit in the guts or he wasn't hit at all and MOTOWN was right, it was a very coincidental tuffs of hair. [8D]

Friday will be 2 weeks since he was "supposedly" hit. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3101970&mpage=1
Old 10-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Update Wounded? Video Buck.

I'll be the first to admitI was wrong ,I would have bet that deer was fatally wounded.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is this the truth Rob, or are you just saying it to put this issue to bed???[8D]
Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: NY/Al

Is this the truth Rob, or are you just saying it to put this issue to bed???[8D]
Yeah Al, I'm lying to you all. Hell yes I saw him tonight at last light. We'll be back there in the morn, hopefully I'll get him on video again.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just like we figured. Last I saw him/filmed him he really was fine. He didn't appear sickly, I know Rob would have shot him if he had. I was there, good call buddy. I bet tonight felt good seeing him.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Then the wounds that were cited as "above the spine" obviously weren't wounds at all. I defer to MEZ on such matters.

No issue with that, then.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Then the wounds that were cited as "above the spine" obviously weren't wounds at all. I defer to MEZ on such matters.

No issue with that, then.
Why obvious?

I'd like to see Kurt shoot him in the morning to put an end to this.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just playin Rob, i'll take your word for it.[8D]

When who ever does shoot it, it outta be mounted, full body, ruffed up fur and all.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:46 PM

Aww man, does this mean I have to change my avatar?[8D]
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

If you don't think it's obvious....then you have a difference of opinion with the most knowledgeable person on animal biology probably on this site (he has published journals on such matters).

He stated very clearly and concisely that the tufts cited as wounds WOULD DEFINITELY have been a below the spine hit....and that the animal would die from them.

So your difference of opinion is with him. I just happen to agree with him...and did all along.

Quick Reply: Update Wounded? Video Buck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.