Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mission Bows

Old 10-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Spike

Default Mission Bows

I feel like I'm asking a bunch of dumb questions, but I've been completely out of the loop on archery products for the past few years. I was looking at these bows at a local shop today and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them. The owner recommended them, and they're much closer to a price I could potenially/possibly afford than a Hoyt or Mathews. I know these are owned by Mathews, but I'm certain they wouldn't be able to compete with the Mathews lines. Basically all I want is a reliable, affordable bow to carry in the woods. Would anybody recommend these, or possibly anything else in that price range?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mission Bows

ORIGINAL: underdawg
Basically all I want is a reliable, affordable bow to carry in the woods.
Not really sure there is a better bow on market for what you are looking for and that is coming from a Hoyt fan. I purchased one for my dad this year, the X3. He has bad shoulders and was having problems drawing his High Country. I shot the bow a few times before I purchased it and was really quite amazed with it. It drew very smoothly, was quiet, and spit an arrow out pretty quick. He has a short DL @ 26 1/2" and it still shot a GT at around 265fps. If you don't care about all the bells and whistles and just want a bow that will flat kill deer, IMO you will not find a better bow in the their price range.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 PM

Mission bows are a very solid bow, and an excellent price. You couldn't go wrong with picking one up. Also you may want to take a look at the Hoyt Powerhawk or the Hoyt Superhawk. They are of the same price range and also a rock solid hunting bow at an affordable price. I think either one you couldn't go wrong.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:03 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. Maybe I can get a little cash saved up over winter and pick one up in plenty of time for next season. I do think I'm going to try to get back by the shop and see if I can shoot one pretty soon.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Typical Buck

I have the X3 and love it.... it is a great shooting bow....
Old 10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have one too. Shoots fine. Good value.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the X3 at a shop a few months back and was very impressed. Seemed like a very solid bow, but that's all the experience I have with it.

And Ithought I had heard somewhere that aportion of the profitsgo towardsgetting archery involved in schools today.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Fork Horn

i shot the buckmaster edition and almost bought one. i think basicly it is a switchback without the dampeners. they are very good quality bow and if i ever decide to get another bow i think it will be the mission buckmaster. hope this hwlps in your decision.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: underdawg

I feel like I'm asking a bunch of dumb questions, but I've been completely out of the loop on archery products for the past few years. I was looking at these bows at a local shop today and was wondering if anybody has any experience with them. The owner recommended them, and they're much closer to a price I could potenially/possibly afford than a Hoyt or Mathews. I know these are owned by Mathews, but I'm certain they wouldn't be able to compete with the Mathews lines. Basically all I want is a reliable, affordable bow to carry in the woods. Would anybody recommend these, or possibly anything else in that price range?
I bought the Journey last spring and love it!!! I love mathews , Ive shoot them for years but the switchback XT I bought the year before, didnt quite fit me, so when I went to the pro shop to find a replacement, I noticed the new Mission Journey, which in a side by side comparison is an exact clone of the XT w/out all the dampers and roller guard and stuff. When I shot it, I was sold! Only paid 500$ too. (the XT was 729$ in 06') The bow is so accurate too. I have never had this much confidence in a bow before and I cant wait till I get a buck in range this year cause I know hes coming home w/ me and my Journey.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot the X4, have had it for two years now and I like it a lot. I think you could put it up against a lot of more expensive bows and it would hold its own.

Quick Reply: Mission Bows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.