Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good News...Bad News >

Good News...Bad News

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good News...Bad News

Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Good News...Bad News

I took 1/2 a day off yesterday to hunt my brothers farm. I got set up @ 1:00 and saw nothing until around 5:00 when 2 deer fed through a feild above me. Well at about 5:30 I hear something moving my way and I turn to see what I thought was a doe trotting across a ditchon a trail that will bring her right by me. I turn and get my bow out of the holder and prepare for the shot.when the deer hits a opening I'm at full draw and bawl and stop it. I settled the pin and touched the trigger for a perfect double lung shot. The deer turns and runs back the way that it came for about 50 yards and stops and falls. I get down and get my stuff together and walk over to the deer only to see that it's actually a spike. My first thought is this isn't going to help my team, but I was happywith the kill. Sorry team.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good News...Bad News

It happens...no big deal and congrats on your deer!

Shane
Old 10-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I took 1/2 a day off yesterday to hunt my brothers farm. I got set up @ 1:00 and saw nothing until around 5:00 when 2 deer fed through a feild above me. Well at about 5:30 I hear something moving my way and I turn to see what I thought was a doe trotting across a ditchon a trail that will bring her right by me. I turn and get my bow out of the holder and prepare for the shot.when the deer hits a opening I'm at full draw and bawl and stop it. I settled the pin and touched the trigger for a perfect double lung shot. The deer turns and runs back the way that it came for about 50 yards and stops and falls. I get down and get my stuff together and walk over to the deer only to see that it's actually a spike. My first thought is this isn't going to help my team, but I was happywith the kill. Sorry team.
Gut ...... my team will be depressed if a big ole fat spiker comes by ...... CONGRATS!!!!! Now we seem to have a man-law violation ....
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

been there done that before
Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great shot, congrats.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned

Congrats anyway!! Did you have to put a buck tag on it or is it considered anterless?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

HC..In WV we get three tags and can kill 2 buck so I still have 1 tag that I can use on a buck. I was very happy with the deer but that kills my team.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

HC..In WV we get three tags and can kill 2 buck so I still have 1 tag that I can use on a buck. I was very happy with the deer but that kills my team.
you need to worry more about this .....

Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

you need to worry more about this .....

LMAO, now thats funny PT.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

So's not to get the ol'sacksmack I'll try to get some pics tonight.They may not be pretty.

Quick Reply: Good News...Bad News

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.