HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Good News...Bad News (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269358-good-news-bad-news.html)

gutshot 10-22-2008 10:24 AM

Good News...Bad News

I took 1/2 a day off yesterday to hunt my brothers farm. I got set up @ 1:00 and saw nothing until around 5:00 when 2 deer fed through a feild above me. Well at about 5:30 I hear something moving my way and I turn to see what I thought was a doe trotting across a ditchon a trail that will bring her right by me. I turn and get my bow out of the holder and prepare for the shot.when the deer hits a opening I'm at full draw and bawl and stop it. I settled the pin and touched the trigger for a perfect double lung shot. The deer turns and runs back the way that it came for about 50 yards and stops and falls. I get down and get my stuff together and walk over to the deer only to see that it's actually a spike. My first thought is this isn't going to help my team, but I was happywith the kill. Sorry team.

sr77 10-22-2008 10:27 AM

RE: Good News...Bad News

It happens...no big deal and congrats on your deer!

Shane

PreacherTony 10-22-2008 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: gutshot

I took 1/2 a day off yesterday to hunt my brothers farm. I got set up @ 1:00 and saw nothing until around 5:00 when 2 deer fed through a feild above me. Well at about 5:30 I hear something moving my way and I turn to see what I thought was a doe trotting across a ditchon a trail that will bring her right by me. I turn and get my bow out of the holder and prepare for the shot.when the deer hits a opening I'm at full draw and bawl and stop it. I settled the pin and touched the trigger for a perfect double lung shot. The deer turns and runs back the way that it came for about 50 yards and stops and falls. I get down and get my stuff together and walk over to the deer only to see that it's actually a spike. My first thought is this isn't going to help my team, but I was happywith the kill. Sorry team.
Gut ...... my team will be depressed if a big ole fat spiker comes by ...... CONGRATS!!!!! Now we seem to have a man-law violation ....

CHAMP198 10-22-2008 10:40 AM

been there done that before

MN/Kyle 10-22-2008 10:45 AM

Sounds like a great shot, congrats.

hardcorehunter 10-22-2008 10:52 AM

Congrats anyway!! Did you have to put a buck tag on it or is it considered anterless?

gutshot 10-22-2008 12:20 PM

HC..In WV we get three tags and can kill 2 buck so I still have 1 tag that I can use on a buck. I was very happy with the deer but that kills my team.

PreacherTony 10-22-2008 12:22 PM

HC..In WV we get three tags and can kill 2 buck so I still have 1 tag that I can use on a buck. I was very happy with the deer but that kills my team.
you need to worry more about this .....

V8Ranger 10-22-2008 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

you need to worry more about this .....

LMAO, now thats funny PT.

gutshot 10-22-2008 12:55 PM

So's not to get the ol'sacksmack I'll try to get some pics tonight.They may not be pretty.:)