Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got one down this weekend/with pics >

Got one down this weekend/with pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got one down this weekend/with pics

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 PM

Default Got one down this weekend/with pics

Well went out this weekend and The first deer I saw after a 5 hour sit was a great looking 10 point he came in at 23 yards with a little 3 point. Man he was a duke. I would guess about a 135 to 140 range. After I calmed myself down I let one fly, Half way there I hear a noise and my arrow takes a left turn and hits this buck right in the butt.[:@] I hit a limb. I watched him run off and could see were my arrow fell out. Only about 3 inch's of my arrow went in. Let it go all night went back and only found blood for about 30 yards and then nothing. I was very bummed to say the least. So I think I just pissed him off and gave him a limp[8D] The very next night I went out and sat for four hours and saw one doe and was getting very up tight. Then he just popped out of a tree line at 55 yards, He made a scrap and walked 10 yards and made another scrap.
I grunted at him and he looked up then went on to make a 3rd scrap. By now
he is walking out of my sight and heading to another runway that I dont have a lane for. So I cant see him anymore but can here him so I grab my can call and let one go the I let a 2nd one go and I hear nothing. So I sit back down to collect myself and think to myself how cool that was. Then he just comes
out of no were from around the corner I last saw him at. Walks right down the food plot line and stops right under my tree,lifts his head and smells then just stays there for 4 minutes.(But it felt like 40) Then he just walks right to my shooting lane and stands 13 yards,let it fly and BOOM perfect double lung.
The rage 2 blade worked like a charm,he was not even to the other end off the food plot and started to trip up and the he went into the tree's and I heard him crash. Went back to the camper and had dinner went back out and found him 60 yards from were i shot him. Was with out a doubt one of my best
weekends in the woods ever. Have not been able to score him yet but should have a score this weekend. He is my best buck with my bow. The hole is the exit from the rage two blade,blood trail was so easy to follow. Was perfect.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got one down this weekend

Nice buck. Congrats.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

Nice deer, congrats man!!! Hell of a nice truck too Looks like ya had a good time, and thats what it's all about!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great buck, congrats!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:32 PM

thanks guys, cant wait to get back out and try for another one.
I forgot to add that myself and my buddy (who is a little smaller then I am lol) took every thing we had to
drag this thing up the ridge he went down, we both guessed him to be at least 250lbs before he was dressed.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulation's!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats on a nice buck!
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM

That is a very fine looking buck. That rack is just about perfect.

Congrats
Old 10-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Typical Buck

That's about as perfectly matched set of antlers I've seen. Sweet buck!

GH
Old 10-22-2008, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good job and great buck and all from west Michigan?? Walt

Quick Reply: Got one down this weekend/with pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.