Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is hoyt going out of business? >

Is hoyt going out of business?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is hoyt going out of business?

Old 10-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Default Is hoyt going out of business?

I would assume no....at work today I was talking with fellow workers and told him i was looking into getting a new hoyt...he said I should check because he heard they are going out of business and the warranty wouldn't be good if they did....so is that true or b.s....I have never heard that or even thought that until I heard this today...probably just b.s. but thought i would check into it in case I was missing something
Old 10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is hoyt going out of business?

That dude needs to stop taking those purple pills.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt,regardless of what you are seeing or hearing is still at the top of the archery arena.

NO WAY are they going out of buisness.They are a huge company that is well diversified from arrows to accesories to hunting bows and competition bows which are kicking but around the WORLD.

He might have gotten confused and heard the rumors about Reflex not making bows anymore and I am not even sure about that.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 PM

LOL. No. Hoyt isn't going out of business. They are set to release their 2009 catalog, and have another impressive line up for this year. We have been told that they will not be producing the Reflex line, which I believe. The SuperHawk is nothing more than a cosmetically changed Reflex Growler. I'm not sure why they would pull a bow from the Reflex line to the Hoyt line if Reflex were still being produced. We tried to get Reflex bows in the last month, and they are difficult to get, they aren't being produced.

But Hoyt is alive and well, and I'm excited about the line up this year. In fact, I'm ordering an AlphaMax 35 tonight.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't surprise me if they were bought. The company has changed and the current owners seem content to just cash in on the name. For the right amount of money it would be gone. They could use some new blood and perspective.

Drury breaking with them says a lot IMO and they did after I noticed problems with the company.People like that are neck deep in credibility and should be considered. If the reflex line is dropped it's sure as shooting the end is near.

I'd like to see a finacial statement of the company if any's got one.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure they'll be belly up soon . They don't sell any bows, and there no more pro shooters winning big time competitions with their bows. The Drury's are neck deep in credibility ? The same guys that had the "turkey whistle" in 1995 ?? Pros jump ship every year for cash, just like baseball and other pro sports. Hoyt has been around forever, and their limbs stay in one piece. They ain't going anywhere, they don't need a 350 ibo bow to pull customers.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TFOX
He might have gotten confused and heard the rumors about Reflex not making bows anymore and I am not even sure about that.
They are no longer going to be making Reflex bows. Acutally they are, but they are going to have the Hoyt name on them for now on. Hoyt needed a good mid-range priced bow and changing name from Reflex to Hoyt was their solution. Check out the IBO and ASA standings. Hoyt shooters are kicking arse, no way are they going out of business.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:30 AM

LOL...the Drury's? HA! Whatever. They're gonna follow the money, period. And who can blame them? They have a business to run too. PSE has been around a good long while as well, and if PSE cut them a bigger check...well.....Guess what? Bye bye Hoyt. I would bet a doughnut though that at the end of that contract if Hoyt were to offer a bigger check than PSE, they would be shooting Hoyt again. Which is why I pay very, very little attention to what the "pros" use.

I am not a Mathews fan at all, but if they gave me one....guess what? Yep, I would sure as heck shoot it. I do agree though, that Hoyt needs to do something other than rely on their name and longevity to sell bows. They've got to come out with something innovative, like they did with the Trykon. That bow made a lot of waves, and since then they do seem content to just ride it. The AlphaMax is a step in the right direction, but again....Not innovative. Not cutting edge.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobow

LOL...the Drury's? HA! Whatever. They're gonna follow the money, period. And who can blame them? They have a business to run too. PSE has been around a good long while as well, and if PSE cut them a bigger check...well.....Guess what? Bye bye Hoyt. I would bet a doughnut though that at the end of that contract if Hoyt were to offer a bigger check than PSE, they would be shooting Hoyt again. Which is why I pay very, very little attention to what the "pros" use.

I am not a Mathews fan at all, but if they gave me one....guess what? Yep, I would sure as heck shoot it. I do agree though, that Hoyt needs to do something other than rely on their name and longevity to sell bows. They've got to come out with something innovative, like they did with the Trykon. That bow made a lot of waves, and since then they do seem content to just ride it. The AlphaMax is a step in the right direction, but again....Not innovative. Not cutting edge.
Excellent point. Drury's got twice the money from PSE, plus a bow with their name on it.

At least you (mideerhunter) came on here and asked if they were going belly-up, instead of posting "Hoyt is going belly-up!" Good work on that one.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:03 AM

LMFAO!!! Drury's and the word credible DO NOT go in the same sentence together EVER. They have inflicted some of the worst crap on the hunting market ever!!!

Quick Reply: Is hoyt going out of business?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.