HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/269149-gutting-deer-yet-another-twisted-pleasure-enjoyed-preachertony.html)

PreacherTony 10-21-2008 07:50 AM

Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

I love gutting deer (sans the deer that have exploded bellies [:'(])..... call me crazy, but gutting well hit deer is one of the pleasures of deer hunting to me ....am I alone on this one??

bawanajim 10-21-2008 07:53 AM

RE: Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

Yes you are.[:-]

rybohunter 10-21-2008 07:55 AM

The only time I REALLY enjoy it is when my hands are cold and I know I can put them in the deer to warm up. :DBut not too fast cause then they feel like they are burning.

Otherwise gutting a deer is just another step in the process, handled as it is needed.

LittleChief 10-21-2008 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Yes you are.[:-]
Agreed. Tony, I think this one puts you in a league of your own.:D

burniegoeasily 10-21-2008 08:02 AM

I can kind of understand. It is part of the ritual, as well as the sense of accomplishment. I enjoy the whole process. I even enjoy butchering my deer after they are done ageing. My youngest daughter likes to help when I butcher, so I think the time we spend together is the key to that enjoyment.

Gundeck 10-21-2008 08:07 AM

I think we need to get you some help, PT.

I enjoy cutting up the deer (since we make it a family function), but gutting the deer does nothing for me.

pwrsrtk350 10-21-2008 08:10 AM

I cant say that I truly enjoy it but it dont bother me and I dont "hate" it. Its just another step of the process for me.

ryncam16 10-21-2008 08:12 AM

Im thinking your the only one that realy enjoys it PT. for me gutting is just another step.

buttonbuckmaster 10-21-2008 08:15 AM

I'm usually pretty pumped up at that point. But its because of a successful hunt, not the gutting process. I am pretty fast at doing it though.....mostly because I have a weak stomach.;)

PreacherTony 10-21-2008 08:16 AM

Ok ,,,added a poll :D