Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony?? >

Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

Old 10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

I love gutting deer (sans the deer that have exploded bellies [:'(])..... call me crazy, but gutting well hit deer is one of the pleasures of deer hunting to me ....am I alone on this one??
Old 10-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

Yes you are.[:-]
Old 10-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

The only time I REALLY enjoy it is when my hands are cold and I know I can put them in the deer to warm up. But not too fast cause then they feel like they are burning.

Otherwise gutting a deer is just another step in the process, handled as it is needed.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Yes you are.[:-]
Agreed. Tony, I think this one puts you in a league of your own.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I can kind of understand. It is part of the ritual, as well as the sense of accomplishment. I enjoy the whole process. I even enjoy butchering my deer after they are done ageing. My youngest daughter likes to help when I butcher, so I think the time we spend together is the key to that enjoyment.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we need to get you some help, PT.

I enjoy cutting up the deer (since we make it a family function), but gutting the deer does nothing for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I cant say that I truly enjoy it but it dont bother me and I dont "hate" it. Its just another step of the process for me.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Im thinking your the only one that realy enjoys it PT. for me gutting is just another step.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm usually pretty pumped up at that point. But its because of a successful hunt, not the gutting process. I am pretty fast at doing it though.....mostly because I have a weak stomach.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ok ,,,added a poll

Quick Reply: Gutting Deer ....Yet Another Twisted Pleasure Enjoyed by PreacherTony??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.