Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do in stand? >

What to do in stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do in stand?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do in stand?

I find myself looking for deer most of the time while on stand. I often see beautiful things that I wouldn't see if preoccupied by books/games ect. Here's an example from yesterday.

Old 10-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Fork Horn

I really enjoy being in the outdoors, and listening to all the sounds that come with it. Having said that, it's certainly possible to listen to music or watch a movie on an ipod without spooking deer. Just use headphones, and keep an eye out! I'm always scanning my surroundings, andI would say 9 out of 10 times, I see the deer before I hear them.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:25 PM

Like alot of guys, I like taking in the surrondings and enjoying the hunt.

But I'll be honest, some afternoon hunts can get boring. Especially if it is warm and mid-day time. I text my friends and play a couple games on my phone at times. But on a windy day, when I can't hear that well anyways, I'll listen to music. I don't do it often, but sometimes I like to have some tunes. I have had deer come by and pass in front of me without noticing I have headphones in[&:]. Whether that is a good thing or not, who knows.

Have no fear BT360....jam out[8D]

Old 10-21-2008, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

Agreed. I have a Scentlok facemask and hat combo that I love and is great for early and late season because it is fairly warm....I would recommend it! I won't even wear a hood or stocking cap unless it is absolutely brutal out. I love to be able to hear the deer before they get to close!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

If I detect 100 deer, here.....I'll HEAR 85 of them before I see them.

I even hate the fact that I have a mask over my ears......but it's needed. I wouldn't listen to music and hunt.....unless I didn't care too much about hunting (care about scoring).
Old 10-21-2008, 12:18 AM

Well I watch for deer when I'm hunting, listen to and watch my surroundings, and Think about life. I have never listened to music or watched a movie on an Ipod...God why not just stay home on the couch?

I have read the odd hunting article on a long or all day sit, but that's about it.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well,Im in my stand right now and seen my first deer this year within 30 mins in the stand, right a 4:06. Well its walking right into my shooting lane when I get a call. Forgot to put my phone on silent.....GRRRRRRR Guess the deer dont like to party till da AM?[:@][:@]So pissed, think im going to callingit quits.
Texting, listening to music and making posts on HNI from your treestand? What has this hunting world gone to? I thought the reason most of us hunted was to get away from this stuff and enjoy nature and relax. Guess I might as well take my lap top and do some TPMreports! Boy, oh boy, I find this sad![:@]
Old 10-21-2008, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sodoku or Yatzee.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

if i listened to music on stand every deer in the county would know im there... id be jus a singin along, doin a lil dance on stand..... lol... it would be pretty funny for the other guy who walked up on me... lol....
Old 10-21-2008, 05:14 AM

Your kiddin right????? The sound of nature is music to my ears, that and silence, i think i look forward to that more than anything....
Old 10-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I will admit to sending texts from time to time on stand, but I can't even imagine reading, playing games,or listening to music. No texts 1st or last hour though.

Quick Reply: What to do in stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.