Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I think they got poached. >

I think they got poached.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I think they got poached.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I think they got poached.

Its sorta a sad thing to say, but I havent seen my shooters in my honey hole. I.e. I had been watching a 140, 2 130's and a 160 but they dissapeared 3 weeks before the season, and noone has seen them since, on either property or on either side of the mountain, I know they go to hiding but for 6 weeks?? of pure nocturnal-ness, in which they arent hitting the fields to which we spot??

Do you think they've been poached? maybe someone could teach me something about deer here? 6 weks seems like its a long time for them to be in pre-rut hiding. I am thinking on abandoning this spot aswell via I havent seen any of the does even that I was previously seeing.

Ryan.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I think they got poached.

its probably the rut. there was a research on deer and the rut. they tracked on deer that was 15 miles from where he normally lives.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Without any other evidence, I would say its probably, a change in food sources thus a change in area, or a move to nocturnal patterns due to pressure time of year..etc.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya but it is still a little early ant it. but i remember the study
ORIGINAL: 2droptine

Without any other evidence, I would say its probably, a change in food sources thus a change in area, or a move to nocturnal patterns due to pressure time of year..etc.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

also i have been hunting a trail and field that has had alot of use. The trail was used all the time. The field had alot of deer there. now nothing
Old 10-17-2008, 05:19 PM

If you are not seeing does also i would say its a change in their feeding habits. Unless you can find some evidence that there were poachers around i wouldnt automatically assume that just because you arent seeing the deer. Its very common for some huge bucks to come out into fields during the summer but "disappear" once fall sets in...
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bambi, to the deer cave my boy!!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

this is from a post that you made earlier today

"this morning I went to my private land spot where we saw 1 140 2 130's and 1 160 inch bucks."

being from PA myself you either live in a honey hole or tellin a few fibs....which is it?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i was watching a 11 point about amonth ago he was gone.
ORIGINAL: centurion

If you are not seeing does also i would say its a change in their feeding habits. Unless you can find some evidence that there were poachers around i wouldnt automatically assume that just because you arent seeing the deer. Its very common for some huge bucks to come out into fields during the summer but "disappear" once fall sets in...
Old 10-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: snake123

this is from a post that you made earlier today

"this morning I went to my private land spot where we saw 1 140 2 130's and 1 160 inch bucks."

being from PA myself you either live in a honey hole or tellin a few fibs....which is it?
No, This farm has had two hunters, both of which arent picky and they are gun only hunters prior to us. now there is me my friend rod and my friend eric, along with the original 2 gun hunters and the guy i ran into today, its a no-doe killing area, and the farms around it are very closely managed.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: I think they got poached.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.