Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story) >

You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story)

Old 10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story)

this morning I went to my private land spot where we saw 1 140 2 130's and 1 160 inch bucks. I was pretty excited and ect. Its cracking daylight and I see a future Rob buck, and I have little chuckle and I check him out he had a fork on one side and a spike on the other haha. So there goes my not seeing deer streak. Anyhow, its about 9:00 and I'm in the alright i'm ready to leave mode.

So. Sure enough, here he comes. walking right up the trail at me in all his glory. There is a reflection off his point, his bow is old and outdated, and he has on the original "realtree" pattern that looks like its from the original batch they ever made. So, now im upset but still on guard via the gun idiot. Well anyhow he comes walking up to me. He starts talking to me in a regular voice seems like a good person. Turns out looks are decieving.

Durring conversation this guy says to me "How about that war in iraq" at the time we were in a conversation about recurves.... Talk about lets change the subject, so I said to him "yeah, how about it" He says to me "I dont support any part of it, I think its a communist move by our so called government"

I think this is pretty close to the look i was giving him.... [:-]

All i said to him was "It dosent matter if your for the cause or not, there are people over there dying for your freedoms like right now, your standing here hunting deer. You could be over there with bullets flying past you. It dosent matter at all if you dont think we should be there, all that matters is you support the people who are there, do you realize how bad it must be right now to have not seen your family for years on end?? Do you have any idea how much they are giving up right now? and your going to stand there and be mr. Anti?"

this was pretty close to the look i got back.

I said just said reguardless, Im going to climb down now, so you might want to move.

He left.

I need someone to come over to my house and look through my hunting stuff to try to find the "Idiot magnet" that i've been wearing.

I did however see a little buck!!! and i couldnt be happier.

Ryan.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story)

Why was there someone on that ground if its private? Does he let others on it? You might want to find some different land that the owner will let you and you ALONE on the land and then get the tresspassers kicked off. Otherwise you will probably run into this again.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:56 PM

Ryan,

As a retired military man I am glad you pointed those facts out to the gentlemen. Strange is it not how people standing in the woods exercising their freedoms can say things like that. I applaud you for taking a stance and not simply just shying away from the discussion.

Sorry you have to deal with idiots like that.

Your comments are greatly appreciated !!!

Dave
Old 10-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, you sure are not having any luck over there with people coming and going all the time

Old 10-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuckRogers

Why was there someone on that ground if its private? Does he let others on it? You might want to find some different land that the owner will let you and you ALONE on the land and then get the tresspassers kicked off. Otherwise you will probably run into this again.
He's the guys neighbor I do believe, I dont know who he is really, I just know for a fact that he does have permission. We did talk about that when he first approached, there was more to the conversation than what I posted but that was the part where the idiot came out of him.

Haha

I'll tell you what, I just dont have any good luck with people, Why cant I get normal people??? Coarse maybe I should look in the mirrior maybe I attract those type of people because I am no longer normal myself?

Ryan.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Even though you may not have agreed at all with what he said, I don't either, it was still just an opinion. I would have went a little easier on him and just shrugged and said yea or something, and then tell him nicely that you were coming down. I do not agree with half the things my friends say but I just smile and know that I could prove them wrong so easy I don't want to make them feel bad. I wasn't there and I am not sure how you reacted, but that is just what I would have done. Anyways, what is up with everyone walking up on you. I think there is a beacon in your bow that attracts people to you, when you want it to be deer. Good luck the rest of the season I hope you start seeing more deer and have a crack at one.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 AM

good for you, if it wern't for those people over there we may not be able to enjoy our great outdoors like we do
Old 10-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

did you ever notice how we have less freedom since the war started ,and we are fighting for iraqs freedom while letting the real country that attacked us sit back and prepare for us,
Old 10-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did he mention anything about Obama?
Old 10-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Host of Hosts

Even though you may not have agreed at all with what he said, I don't either, it was still just an opinion. I would have went a little easier on him and just shrugged and said yea or something, and then tell him nicely that you were coming down. I do not agree with half the things my friends say but I just smile and know that I could prove them wrong so easy I don't want to make them feel bad. I wasn't there and I am not sure how you reacted, but that is just what I would have done. Anyways, what is up with everyone walking up on you. I think there is a beacon in your bow that attracts people to you, when you want it to be deer. Good luck the rest of the season I hope you start seeing more deer and have a crack at one.
In my opinion thta doesn't do anything to educate people. They probably picked this mentality up from the mainstream media. And if you don't have discourse then your only contributing to the problems this country is facing. I'm not saying you have to argue with people, but if they hear another point of view maybe then they starting thinking for themselves.

Political Correctness is the problem not the answer.

Quick Reply: You can't make this up. (Another Idiot Story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.