Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stiil looking

Old 03-24-2003, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default stiil looking

I' m still looking at bows. Is a bow more forgiving if it is longer a to a. If so what is the best lenth to look at?
Old 03-24-2003, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: stiil looking

I' ve never been able to shoot short ata bows because i tend to cant the bow and they just don' t balance good in my hands so for me the longer ata bows are more forgiving. I' m 6' 2 with pretty long arms and the longer ata bows just shoot better for me. I try to stay with a bow that is 37" ata and longer with a brace height of at least 7" . It' s impossible to tell you what length bow to look for. Everyone is different and what works for one doesn' t always work for the other so try to shoot as many bows as you can both short and long and go with the one that fits you best and that you can shoot best. Good luck!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

axle to axle length and brace height both contribute to forgiveness--the larger the numbers the more forgiving it SHOULD be.
Old 03-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Personally i use a 34 inch bow but i also used a 36 and they both worked great for me