Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First deer with bow! >

First deer with bow!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First deer with bow!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First deer with bow!

Didn't have time to range him,guessed at 30 yards,quartering away shot,hopping all the practice came through for me and thought back on all the advice and stories I have listened to from The Rev and Kanga...and was hopin I was going to get a chance to add mine! Settled 30 yard pin on center of ribs and focused on where I desired to hit! Nobody ever told me that a arrow will travel slow motion...it did and I noticed a slight arch in travel,heard it impact deer and the deer braced and reared backwards and kicked and it was over...zero tracking,I watched it for a couple minutes and eased off to get a drink and let it expired just in case!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First deer with bow!

The reason it didn't leave the country at shot,I was shooting some older Muzzy 3 fixed blade heads at 125 grain and where it stopped in the deermake tracking so simple!Broke my darn arrow.Oh yeah thanks Kanga for selling me such a sweet shooting bow....07 Black Ice rules!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

yup just as thought a spine shot and i think you got lucky on that seeing it looks a little far back. But anyway congrats on the first . It is like a girl friend you never forget your first
Old 10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on your first Rowel.

It's a great feelin ain't it.

Guess we can see some bang sticks going cheap in the classifieds now
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your deer.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

It hit where the pin was settled,the angle was kinda just past quartering away.Just like first girlfriend...ugly,chubby,not too smart,smelled funny....but all mine!Thats good desription of Kanga come to think of it....no Russ no cheap bangsticks up fersale!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 PM

Good shootin!! Im hoping to bloody my 07 Black Ice this coming weekend, have killed a couple with a bow, including my first deer, a basket racked 7 pointer and man its so sweet. All deer shot with a bow are trophy's!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 05:32 PM

Seeing how that deer was a severe quarter, you done good, shot placement was perfect, maybe a little high but far enough back to quarter into the chest, if im readin you and your pics right.....
Old 10-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

Looks like a great shot.

Well done.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on the deer

Quick Reply: First deer with bow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.