HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lumenoks how many people use them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268410-lumenoks-how-many-people-use-them.html)

V8Ranger 10-16-2008 01:56 PM

Lumenoks how many people use them?

Now many people use the lumenok's or something smiler? And do you like them??? Do they make much difference in arrow flight?

minnesotadeer 10-16-2008 02:00 PM

RE: Lumenoks how many people use them?

I do. And very, very slightly, not enough to monkey with the one pin on my sight. Do others use them all the time, even for practice? I've always wondered this. I just use them when hunting.

BUCKMARK 10-16-2008 02:01 PM

I picked up some of the easton tracer nocks this year and I think they are awesome for lower light conditions. They really didn't change much of my POI just a couple hairs lower at 20 yards...

buckeyehntr5 10-16-2008 02:09 PM

This is the first year that I have used them and I think they are great. Not a must, but they add a little kick to the enjoyment of hunting. Also,they make it easier to follow the arrows path along with finding your arrow after the shot. I took a doe for the first time with a lumenok last Saturday and I must admit, it was pretty cool watching the arrow take flight in the low light of the morning.

Before the season started I shot a couple hundred times using them and there wasn't much difference shooting the lumenok and a regular nock at shorter distances. The 40 - 50 yd shots were hitting a couple inches lower than the regular nock.

Western MA Hunter 10-16-2008 02:13 PM

Shot at a deer last night.. never lit up. I have shot 6 deer with them. Only 3 actually went off. All brand new out of the package. Worked great for the one's it went off with.

cmscat50 10-16-2008 02:43 PM

I use them in the field and for practice. I wouldn't shoot without them.

Tribal 10-16-2008 04:51 PM

I didn't have consistancy with Luminocks they worked as much as they didn't work. I switched to Easton Tracers and so far 100% happy. Definetly not going back to luminocks.

Rhody Hunter 10-16-2008 05:22 PM

I just put one in my hunting arrow but havn't had a chance to use it yet

loganw 10-16-2008 06:07 PM

I haven't shot a deer with them yet, but when I practiced they flew the same. I really like seeing where my arrow is going.

WesternMdHardwoods 10-16-2008 06:13 PM

I use Tracers! I havent had a problem with them coming on when shooting yet!! I didnt really notice much of a difference in shooting, but then again I had to change bunches of stuff around and resight just using the Tracers anyhow???

The tracers come with a extra same weight regular(non lighted) nock..saves some batteries!!