HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Lumenoks how many people use them? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/268410-lumenoks-how-many-people-use-them.html)

V8Ranger 10-16-2008 01:56 PM

Lumenoks how many people use them?

Now many people use the lumenok's or something smiler? And do you like them??? Do they make much difference in arrow flight?

minnesotadeer 10-16-2008 02:00 PM

RE: Lumenoks how many people use them?

I do. And very, very slightly, not enough to monkey with the one pin on my sight. Do others use them all the time, even for practice? I've always wondered this. I just use them when hunting.

BUCKMARK 10-16-2008 02:01 PM

I picked up some of the easton tracer nocks this year and I think they are awesome for lower light conditions. They really didn't change much of my POI just a couple hairs lower at 20 yards...

buckeyehntr5 10-16-2008 02:09 PM

This is the first year that I have used them and I think they are great. Not a must, but they add a little kick to the enjoyment of hunting. Also,they make it easier to follow the arrows path along with finding your arrow after the shot. I took a doe for the first time with a lumenok last Saturday and I must admit, it was pretty cool watching the arrow take flight in the low light of the morning.

Before the season started I shot a couple hundred times using them and there wasn't much difference shooting the lumenok and a regular nock at shorter distances. The 40 - 50 yd shots were hitting a couple inches lower than the regular nock.

Western MA Hunter 10-16-2008 02:13 PM

Shot at a deer last night.. never lit up. I have shot 6 deer with them. Only 3 actually went off. All brand new out of the package. Worked great for the one's it went off with.

cmscat50 10-16-2008 02:43 PM

I use them in the field and for practice. I wouldn't shoot without them.

Tribal 10-16-2008 04:51 PM

I didn't have consistancy with Luminocks they worked as much as they didn't work. I switched to Easton Tracers and so far 100% happy. Definetly not going back to luminocks.

Rhody Hunter 10-16-2008 05:22 PM

I just put one in my hunting arrow but havn't had a chance to use it yet

loganw 10-16-2008 06:07 PM

I haven't shot a deer with them yet, but when I practiced they flew the same. I really like seeing where my arrow is going.

WesternMdHardwoods 10-16-2008 06:13 PM

I use Tracers! I havent had a problem with them coming on when shooting yet!! I didnt really notice much of a difference in shooting, but then again I had to change bunches of stuff around and resight just using the Tracers anyhow???

The tracers come with a extra same weight regular(non lighted) nock..saves some batteries!!

rdb1125 10-16-2008 06:41 PM

I tried them and had some problems. I don't remeber what brand they are, but they are the ones that are activated with a magnet you glue on the side of your riser, just next to your rest. I'm shooting the new carbon express arrows. The nocks came with a set used for practice. I was losing almost 4" at 30 yards. I was setting up for an elk hunt in Colrado and felt it wasn't worth it.

If I might have been doing something wrong and someone knows what it is I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks, Rob

442deer 10-16-2008 07:17 PM

I make my own using bobber lights from "rod & bobbs". So far 100% reliable and lightweight. Google diy lighted nocks or rod & bobbs.
There's no doubt they are worth having. I shot a doe and hit the offside shoulder and she left VERY little blood....... until the arrow pulled out. I would have NEVER found the arrow and picked up her trail without the light. She was double lunged, but for some reason went waaaaay tooo far.

SwampCollie 10-16-2008 07:34 PM

Our Easton rep gave me a bunch of tracers for my Axis arrows... I gave them a try... and it's probably no different than crack..... once you try them you are hooked for life... they are just too dang cool.

I've been shooting them (mostly in practice at night for the cool effect) for the last two months... and I have yet to NOT have one light up when shot.... 100% light up over probably 500-600 shots... and yes, the practice nocks are great, but they aren't cool!!!!!

V8Ranger 10-16-2008 08:23 PM

Well I got some lumenok's and hopefully they work. I will find out next week. I'm not going to change what I'm shooting with the season starting the 18th

31 more hours :D

wi_buckstomper 10-16-2008 08:44 PM

i use tracers. i love them. Makes findin your arrow much much easier. I have one complaint about them although. They sometimes get activated by accedent in my bow case. Then they die. Has anyone else had tthis problem??

brad_vanderband1 10-16-2008 09:54 PM

i have lumenocks in everyone of my hunting arrows. i also practice with them as i like to practice the exact same as i hunt. I've tried the tracer knocks and wasnt that impressed do to the fact that you have to activate and deactivate them, rather than just hunt. and i found that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead. Lumenocks arent perfect and i have had to do some modifying on alot of them to get them to work properly but i wont ever shoot anything without them, its pretty cool to watch, and very helpful in low light conditions.

SwampCollie 10-17-2008 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

[regarding tracer nocks] and that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead.
I have found the same thing to hold true brad. We have a bag of them in our shop and every week we send it back to easton for good ones. Honestly I think about one in six or so will be dead right out of the package. The key is to find those before you buy them.... kinda like cracked eggs at the super market.. open the package, activate them... check'em out.... and you're good to go. So anyone who is buying tracers.. heads up.... make sure they work before you leave the store!!!!

Predator19 10-17-2008 04:48 AM

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

[regarding tracer nocks] and that some of them while sitting on the selves in the store might be activated and went dead.
I have found the same thing to hold true brad. We have a bag of them in our shop and every week we send it back to easton for good ones. Honestly I think about one in six or so will be dead right out of the package. The key is to find those before you buy them.... kinda like cracked eggs at the super market.. open the package, activate them... check'em out.... and you're good to go. So anyone who is buying tracers.. heads up.... make sure they work before you leave the store!!!!
I agreee. Our shops has gotten some bad traceers also. I used them and will never go back to lumenoks.

bloodcrick 10-17-2008 05:40 AM

Love mine. cant tell any difference with mine. I have tried the green and didnt like them, ill stick with orange.

craitchky 10-17-2008 05:43 AM

I use the Easton Tracer nocks, I had trouble the Lumenocks not working properly.